Lady at the Dog Park: *A Rant*

antipunt1

It takes time and there are always mistakes along the way. It's a rather large learning curve. :)
Thx CP...though you're definitely being way too kind lol...

I'm by no means even close to being 'knowledgeable', but yesterday I discovered a revelation: I really need to start putting NILF in practice.

Giving Wanta all the food/attention/play/park she wanted has probably ended up making her think she could get away with her tricky-habits. Since a dog is a machine, and I am a human, it is my responsibility to realize that I am probably spoiling her. When I 'like' someone/anyone, I tend to give my all expecting 'all in return'. In short, I am a classical Martha (from the Bible: Mary and Martha)

Thx for dealing with my b******** everyone. I may not have grown a whole lot, but I think I may have a little bit. Regardless of anything else, it would not have been possible without this forum's help. :)

sisco16

koda bear
Drmom777 i think there is nothing wrong with the dog barking sometimes as long as its not out of control or, the dog is unpredictable, last time i was at the park a coonhound continued to bay at me fearfully and charge me from behind i kept my distance and would turn around because i was the only one the dog was targeting in the park and the dogs tail was down and hackles raised. She obviously wasent just baying for fun this dog was charging me and the owner would laugh and call the dog once in a while i personal found no humor if the dog would have bitten me from behind.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Drmom777 i think there is nothing wrong with the dog barking sometimes
I agree. Morgan spent the first three years of her life barking at absolutely nothing and everything. She simply had a lot to say and a lot of exuberance. As a young pup, it was non-stop. As she grew up, she matured her way out of it. She's still quite the barker, but she needs more stimuli to get going.

I would have taken the dog out for a timeout. My dog barks at the park, but not at people. I would find that rude. but he can bark at dogs, balls, birds ect.

:rofl1: If she's bothered by barking dogs at a dog park A) WTF is she doing there and B) she would HATE Sawyer.

Most doxies I know are loud-mouthed little things and if there's another non-herding dog barking in the park, it's usually one of them.
She would want to kill Blaze. Its the only place I let him be a wild guy with his barking, he barks and barks and barks.

Members online

No members online now.