The Venting Thread

Red.Apricot

I closed my thumb in a car door a few years ago and lost the nail. It was gross, but it grew back. I did damage the cuticle pretty badly, though, and now I have weird striations in my nail, probably forever.

Torch

Currently I'm unemployed and running through my savings. I've been out of school since mid August and have had 2 job interviews, but I've applied to tons of jobs. I need a job. The stress of knowing that my savings are dwindling and applying to multiple jobs everyday without getting a reply is giving me panic attacks. I do not like panic attacks.
Apply with Enterprise Rent a Car. We're always hiring.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Cleaning my bathroom on my snow day. It needed it but I've been putting it off. I'm rewarding myself later by giving myself a mani-pedi and downloading a bunch of new music but OMG the chemicals make my eyes hurt SO BAD. ugh.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Dentist vent! Not about the dentist himself though. He's cool.

Got two permanent crowns put in my mouth today. That in and of itself is good news, since I had them rooted a year and a bit ago and had temp crowns for a few weeks that I had to be careful with.

The second tooth's freezing didn't work, and I didn't want to tell him because I thought meh, just some gum poking, no big deal.

Holy pain batman. Never again. You'd think with the years of dental procedures/surgeries I've had, I'd know better (genetically horrid teeth, despite TRYING to care for them). YEOW.

Afterwards when he asked how it felt, I said something like "the teeth feel fine, bite is good... not sure if the freezing worked on the smaller one..." and he was like "WHAT WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMETHING".

:rofl1:

Seriously though I was fine, barely flinched. The years of dental work have made my tolerance to mouth pain pretty darn high, methinks.

Anyways then he was shaving cement off of an unrelated tooth that I had a space maintainer removed from, and he found some serious tooth decay underneath (unsurprising). So just when I thought I was done for now, I have to go back next week. :rolleyes: yaaaaay.

Then back in a year for ANOTHER crown and a bridge for the hole the maintainer kept spaced. I must pay a whole employee's wages or something

At least the hygienists are super sweet, and my dentist is rather nice to look at. :rofl1: It's not so bad, but **** I'm tired of my jaw being stretched out to infinity and tools poking, prodding and drilling!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Cleaning my bathroom on my snow day. It needed it but I've been putting it off. I'm rewarding myself later by giving myself a mani-pedi and downloading a bunch of new music but OMG the chemicals make my eyes hurt SO BAD. ugh.
Have you heard of Norwex at all? I've just begun using a few of their products and am liking it quite a bit. May be worth looking into if you are pretty sensitive to chemicals!

My vent. HORSEEEEEE WANT. :(

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Slight, somewhat silly, vent because I don't have a single person who I can vent to about it in person.

There's this super attractive guy, who I've had a crush on for awhile now... and we've been messaging back and forth on Facebook, etc. We both agreed we really enjoyed talking and I ended up giving him my number to text me sometime... still no message.

I just find it weird since we seemed to have a bunch in common and he was the one displaying the initial interest. Maybe he still will, but I'm a bit impatient and am wishing I had someone to chat with now.

DJEtzel

Slight, somewhat silly, vent because I don't have a single person who I can vent to about it in person.

There's this super attractive guy, who I've had a crush on for awhile now... and we've been messaging back and forth on Facebook, etc. We both agreed we really enjoyed talking and I ended up giving him my number to text me sometime... still no message.

I just find it weird since we seemed to have a bunch in common and he was the one displaying the initial interest. Maybe he still will, but I'm a bit impatient and am wishing I had someone to chat with now.
How long has it been since you gave him your number?

I have recently been seeing a guy and I had been talking to him for a while when I'd see him at work, then he finally asked for my number. He had seemed so interested and I was too, so i was excited. Days went by and I heard nothing, I was getting ready to give up when he finally texted me.

He told me he had to wait at least three days, so that he didn't seem too eager and desperate/greedy. Following old school guy code, apparently. Maybe that's what yours is doing!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I think in a lot of cases it could be, but I don't think that was the case. This is the most chivalrous guy I've ever met... I'm sure there are more out there.
A chivalrous guy who makes you wait and wonder if he cares or if he was just yanking you along to get your number as a trophy?
Huh. Interesting definition.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Personally, I'd rather be with someone who doesn't feel like they need to play weird games. I like eager. :)

Airn

A chivalrous guy who makes you wait and wonder if he cares or if he was just yanking you along to get your number as a trophy?
I've actually done this to a guy. Not to be a bitch but because I wanted to make sure I was interested because I tend to be impulsive. People play games all the time. People get embarrassed and don't want their feelings hurt. There are several reasons a person would hold on off texting. Doesn't mean they're a douche.

Torch

Think they'd hire someone with a service dog?[/QUOTE

Yes, I believe so. Depending on the position and the location (how large of a branch, how busy it was, etc) I could easily see Enterprise making accommodations. As a company, we are very focused on being employee oriented, and there are many people working for us that have specific work environment requirements.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Think they'd hire someone with a service dog?[/QUOTE

Yes, I believe so. Depending on the position and the location (how large of a branch, how busy it was, etc) I could easily see Enterprise making accommodations. As a company, we are very focused on being employee oriented, and there are many people working for us that have specific work environment requirements.
I'm glad to hear that! I'll see if any in my area are hiring, I wouldn't have thought of it if you didn't mention them. Thanks!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Chivalrous or not, right move or not, I dunno, as I can't judge a man based on a single interaction..

But I will say this,I will NOT/would not ever EVER involve myself with someone who plays those kind of "relationship games", that includes the mythical "guy code" of conduct.
If they are doing it early on, they are going to do it later.. and I don't like to play games that involve my feelings and my time.

If you want to wait a week to call because you are nervous, because you aren't sure, because you have issues.. FINE. Talk to me. Say that. Honesty.

if you are waiting a week because of some mythical rule about relationships you feel you have to follow to win some game about who is more eager/has the upper hand. You can go ahead and take a walk. I want a relatioship not a competition.

Examples of other games I will not play that usually follow the don't call for x days game.

Oh she took 3 minutes to text me back so I'm going to take 6 minutes to text her back.
Oh he made plans with me on thursday so I'll tell him I'm busy because I don't want our plans to be last minute or him to get too comfortable.
Oh she gave me a blowjob last week so now I owe her.
Oh I really liked her but I won't call for three days because I don't want to be honest about my feelings/seem to eager.
Oh I really like him but I have to wait 43 dates to have sex because I don't want him to think I'm easy, gotta keep the chase.
Oh I really like her so I have to pay for everything even though I'm broke.
Oh I really like him but I'm going to keep dating because I want him to know I'm alluring to other guys and he could lose me.
Playing hard to get
Crying makes him say he's sorry.
Whining instead of communication
Becoming frustrated with the fact that you and your partner have rules instead of communication (What's wrong? NooOOtthing. I'M FINE! I HATE YOU!)
Lying
Manipulation (I did it because I love you)
Ultimatums (He either proposes or I'm gone.)

and eventually disaster. (You don't understand me! We're done!)

Now, I'm not saying that people that play these games are bad people. I used to, it seems to be the "thing to do" according to every magazine in the universe.
Point is, if you don't want to play, I would suggest finding someone who doesn't want to play either and doesn't let some bro/girl code run their lives.

Honesty. Communication. Being REAL with each other. That's the ticket.
and that means calling when you want, how you want, because you had a good time and want to talk to that person.

I want a relationship that is as honest and natural as breathing.
Not one that feels like a game where I have to keep score.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Honestly, the one about being engaged is a sore spot for me but I also don't think that's a game. That's a huge life decision& it should lead to marriage which is an even bigger life decision. Plus, it really sucks to be a sitting duck, loving someone SO MUCH and knowing he can't decide after 8yrs to take the next step. So there's my personal issues creeping in but otherwise, I totally agree with you ahaha

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Chivalrous or not, right move or not, I dunno, as I can't judge a man based on a single interaction..
Oh, that's BS too, as humans we judge people off single interactions all the time. We even judge people we don't know and have NEVER interacted with off articles on the interwebs.
I judge Justin Bieber. I judge hard. >=| Never met him. Still judging. Judgey McJudgerson.

I want a relationship that is as honest and natural as breathing.
Not one that feels like a game where I have to keep score.
I agree with this.

People can certainly play games if they want, but they shouldn't do it pretending they aren't hurting people's feelings along the way. Because that's what it does.

Honestly, the one about being engaged is a sore spot for me but I also don't think that's a game. That's a huge life decision& it should lead to marriage which is an even bigger life decision. Plus, it really sucks to be a sitting duck, loving someone SO MUCH and knowing he can't decide after 8yrs to take the next step. So there's my personal issues creeping in but otherwise, I totally agree with you ahaha
I think in situations like yours, it comes down again to being open, honest, and communicating. I think the "ultimatum" is just "you need to be honest with me, and possibly yourself, about this issue that affects our futures together." I've had this conversation with a male friend of mine before. He had a girlfriend give him the "either we get married or I'm gone" ultimatum. He told her he wasn't ready for marriage yet but wished her luck finding somebody who was. She was then like "oh wait, no, I'm not really gone." But at that point he WAS, because being given that ultimatum forced him to be honest with himself about where the relationship was going.
My sister is in a similar situation, though I don't think she knows it. She wants to have kids. If her husband doesn't, she should probably get divorced and find somebody else who DOES. That's not playing "games," it's just being honest with yourself about your future and your life. So I think Fran's point is perfect. Be honest and open and communicate.

Funny enough we just had a conversation at work today, and being the only women in an office of men, and being a woman who has always been good friends with men, it's always amusing to me how much easier life would be if only men and women just TALKED TO EACH OTHER. In PLAIN ENGLISH. WHY ARE YOU ALL MAKING THIS SO COMPLICATED. STOP.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I agree with you Fran, expect for the ultimatum part. There are some things that I absolutely can not compromise on, as they are a part of my moral and ethical standing. There are also things I cannot compromise on for my own (mental) health.

If there was ever an ultimatum brewing, you can be sure as heck I'd be doing everything in my power to discuss my feelings and the situation. But some things just...can't slide.

Had Michael not proposed before he left for RTC...I don't know if I'd still be here. I probably would have stayed, but I would have been severely unhappy and plagued with self doubt. I'm a very insecure person...had he not given me that very clear sign that yes, he wants me to be not only a part of his life, but an integral part of his life, I would have been a mess. And that wouldn't have been fair to myself or to him.
That being said, he *knew* how I felt and we had numerous discussions regarding it. Had he not proposed before he left *knowing* how I felt about it...that really would have hurt.

Like Beanie said. Its about being honest.

And yes. COMMUNICATE. If that is one thing I have learned, it is to give voice to your doubts and fears and happiness and everything in between. Let the other person know what you're thinking, because then they can respond appropriately!

Members online

No members online now.