All four dogs

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Have now gotten stung. :( :mad:

Blaze came up to the door today running mad, sliding against the door. I open it and see some type of bug (hornet, maybe?!?) STUCK on his side. I swatted it off, then about TEN or so pop up off him. Holy mess. They. Were. Everywhere.

My poor dogs. :( He doesn't seem phased by what happened, but he obviously got stung a few times. *sigh*

How can I find where these things are coming from??

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
start following the dogs outside? if the dogs are disturbing the nest somehow, watching where they go outside would probably be your best bet.

hope you figure it out soon, getting stung is no fun!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Holy cow! Have you called an exterminator yet? They might be able to find it. Yikes, I'd be freaking out!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I would call an exterminator. Usually they will find the nest, smoke it, and then get rid of the whole thing while all the bugs are all drowsy and slow.

Poor lil fella! :( that sucks!

We've had some crazy wasps that would go AFTER the dogs just for walking under the nest. it was crazy so we had to get rid of them

the exterminator was quick, inexpensive, took the whole nest and sprayed some stuff all over. Have never had the problem again

they sell the stuff to smoke the nest (to make the bugs all sleepy) and some kind of box/spray to kill them after

Lizmo

Water Junkie
After doing some looking online, it looks like it's yellow jackets.

My brother and I walked the whole yard (with a huuge can of RAID. haha) for about an hour and still didn't see a thing. Ugh.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*

ACooper

Yikes! Poor Blaze :( (and the rest of the crew too of course!) I hope you can find the root and get rid of it soon!

They can be above ground too... like in the wall of a house or a house eve. Usually those are easier to find.
Yep, we have wasps that love to build (and rebuild) in our wooden bird feeder :rolleyes: and yellow jackets that loved our old shed! They were MEAN lil' bastages! So far so good though, since we've torn down the old shed and built a new one last year I haven't seen hide nor hair of them and I hope it stays that way!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Oh, no! When I first saw the title I thought it was a picture thread. Instead I was like :eek:

I hope you find the nest as soon as possible!

My Blaze got stung on his GUMS the other day. Poor guy swelled up like no tomorrow. I was so afraid he was going to die from it, it was bad. But went down after a few hours.

I hate bees/hornets, scare the crap out of me. lol

Members online