Refusing to pee in a certain spot??

Dreeza

Ok, so we started to take oakley to pee in this one area that used to be a flower bed, but no longer is...

he was totally fine, and would go there...except sometimes at night...he REFUSED...he would plant his feet, and i would have to pick him up and put him in the area...and then he would sometimes go in the very corners (that was the only area where the light was...if that has anything to do with it)

this was a month or two ago...and up until recently, he has been pretty okay with it...

but now he is doing it again...he refuses to go potty in that area...during the day now too...he will just stand there, sniffing the air, but wont go, and then tries to pull me across the driveway to my neighboor's property.

somedays, i get so frustrated, or am way too tired to wait, so i let him go there...escpecially since there is this big ol patch of dirt, so he isnt harming grass...

but why on earth is it even an issue?? he KNOWS that is his potty place...a lot of times he is pulling my arm out of my socket to get there to pee...and other times, he wont even step in it...

it makes no sense to me whatsoever...

ashleyk1226

LOVE for Yorkies
Do you think maybe Oakley was used to the flowers in the flowerbed? & now that the flowers are gone maybe Oakley feels that he can go wherever he wants.

Dreeza

there were no flowers...it used to be one last year, lol, we just never re-planted them. there is like on flower that happened to regrow

Becca_

chowchow
Is it real small? I know when we took Princess on vacation with us, she wouldnt go in small areas.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
How dirty is it? I know if I don't scoop the poop enough, Zeus won't use his potty spot.

Becca_

chowchow
Is it grassy or dirt? If there isnt enough grass maybe that has something to do with it.

Dreeza

well its not grassy, its dirt covered by mulch...the point was not to burn the grass, and he was perfectly fine peeing there...and still is...sometimes...

he rarely poops there...so its not dirty at all...and its a big enough space, i mean like, its prob like 6ft by 4ft??? i have no idea...im bad at measurements

Sheba

I W A L R
maybe another dog once went there a long long time ago and he can still smell it and is scared in that area at certain times, and other times he really wants to smell that smell and really has to go potty?

Mabye this spot has bad karma, have you ever heard of the Balance of the Universe thing? Or mabye it smalls really bad. Or it just likes another spot.

Dreeza

hmm, i dunno!

i DOUBT another dog went there though...that would mean someone would of had to walk up our driveway, and had their dog pee there...it wouldnt make sense.

And it doesnt smell bad! at least i dont smell anything bad there....he doesnt really sniff at it much...he just goes in it, and pees....like he should

but then...there are times, where he braces himself, so he wont have to go there...just weirdness, lol\

Dreeza

hmm, i dont know about that either...there are just squirrels around here...and rabbits.

he doesnt sniff at it or anything...a lot of times in the morning, he really has to pee since he was in his crate all night, and he is like pulling my arm out of my socket to get to that one spot to pee...and even when he doesnt have to pee that bad...he trots happily over there, and goes just fine...

one morning, he braced himself, and as i was trying to get him to step in the area, he just peed on my driveway...its like sheesh! he always just tries to pull me to the neighbors yard...and thats dirt too in the spot he usually pees

my dog is just a weirdo, huh?

Members online

No members online now.