Pimples?

Tugger's Mom

Yes, He's A Beagle
I just noticed a spot on Tugger's nuzzle area....where his whiskers are to the left of his nose. It appears like a pimple....and it's hard.

Do dogs get pimples? If so--is there something I can put on it to clear it up or will it go away on its own?

Thanks!

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
A friends Boxer used to get pimples when he was a puppy. They were small red dots on his muzzle area.

I think she just left them, they went away naturally.

L

LabBreeder

There's something that a dog gets on its muzzle, and I can't think of what it is or if it's breed related or not, but it looks like little pimples. If it spreads or gets worse, I'd say bring him to the vet. Otherwise he should be o.k.
Tira used to get little bumps underneath her chin and we switched her to stainless steel bowls to eat/drink out of. Sometimes dogs can be allergic, or have a reaction to plastic (or other materials) that bowls are made out of.

filarotten

Fila the love
Brutus had a zit close to his nose a couple of times, thru adolesence, and one above his eye, the other day. Keith always squeezes them and they go away.

Tinaweena

Hmm do you think that maybe it's one of those whisker bumps? I know Boone has a few all the time! I looks kinda like a mole and is hard, and generally has a whisker coming out of it haha Like a hairy witches mole. haha I dunno if they have a name or anything.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Buddy had a case of puppy pimples when he was younger also. His case was so bad though that he needed antibiotics and a creme to clear it up.

Buckshot had them. I popped em too. I found out from my breeder that they would go away if I got him a big deep water dish and changed the water often. Sure enough that worked. Buckshot has his own toilet that isnt used for anything other than his water bowl. If I see any fila slime in it I flush it. Since I have done that his muzzle zits have gone away.

Tugger's Mom

Yes, He's A Beagle
Funny you should say that. Tugger has his own water dish....and I clean it out about 4 times a day--and recently, it's been slimy on the bottom. I'll try changing it more often.

Thanks!!

Members online

No members online now.