The Venting Thread

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Friend's little sister is getting married.
Her LITTLE SISTER.

Sigh.

Also the guy she's engaged to is a jerk so I'm struggling to be excited for her.

CaliTerp07

Also the guy she's engaged to is a jerk so I'm struggling to be excited for her.
One of my good friends from college is engaged to a guy I can't stand either. I think he's manipulative, controlling, tied to mama's apron strings, and doesn't treat her very well. (Never mind that he made me cry once when he got drunk and yelled at me). Buuuuuuut, she moved across country for him, got engaged, and seems to be happy.

I try to be excited for her...but I'm just not. I'm secretly hoping that the wedding is at a time/place where I can't go.

My friends youngest daughter, at 20, has been dating the same guy since she was 15, he was 20 (she hid the relationship from her parents), is now pregnant. He is just a flat out jackass. He doesn't really want kids, they fight like cats and dogs, he had been caught doing coke, wants to act like a child. Yep, having trouble being excited for that just like you!

My other friend is pregnant as well. Seriously they are like a week apart! She moved in with her boyfriend like 2 weeks before getting pregnant! Has only known him since last fall...same feelings.

I feel your pain.

crazedACD

I needed something at Wal-Mart and now I don't remember what...I remember like the two things I needed but there was something else. Hmmm.

Oh and then Romeo got into his food and now he looks rather portly.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Get to go home and write a formal complaint about a coworker who treated myself and my coworker I was working with like ****.

I was having such a good day, too. Sigh.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Working a long day tomorrow. Not looking forward to it. :( And our new boss has been having to send out emails reminding people of rules and different things so I feel like I'm walking on eggshells when I'm there, even though I'm (hopefully) not one of the people she's talking about, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Bleeehhhh. She's being really nice about it but you can tell she's frustrated and I don't wanna end up getting caught up in anything. Cause as sucky as my schedule has been lately, I really do love my job.

Airn

The two girls who wanted to adopt Duke, my foster, are 'returning' the two other puppies they adopted. Something about their landlord changed his mind and now the dogs have to go or they're kicked out.

.... Right.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Tomorrow is Monday. Blech. That's what I hate the most about it being my Saturday to work - totally feels like I get screwed out of a weekend, I want another night to stay up late and another day to sleep in darn it.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
No, you don't have any right to get pissed at me because you and someone else are using MY netflix that I pay for and I can't watch it so I told you to get off. It's MY NETFLIX! I have no other TV, I am about ready to disable all devices, change the password, and just say screw you to all of 'em. :mad:

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I had to switch dog foods because the stuff (back to basics) that I was feeding before got too expensive, so we had to switch to natures variety instinct which has now almost gotten too expensive :(. Bear (the jack Russell) is very grain allergic & sensitive to some ingredients, so finding a food they can all eat (cuz it wouldn't be very cost effective to feed him a different food & everyone else something else ... But with the way things are going that might be what I will have to do. He is 13 years old & I hate seeing how he suffers when his allergies act up :(

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Auggie more than likely has a UTI again, sigh. He squatted this morning on the deck and only a little bit of pee came out. I let him back out after eating and followed him with a tray so I could do a free catch and take it to the vet and again, very little pee. Went back inside and started getting ready to go. He was in my room and started hunching and squatting, but wasn't peeing. I hustled him outside anyway and nope, no pee.
So I got on the phone and called the vet to see if I needed to make him an appointment or if I could just bring him in as an emergency since now he wasn't able to pee at all.
Aaaaaand as soon as they answered he hiked a leg and peed a river like absolutely nothing was wrong. Thanks Auggie... thanks. At least this time you peed like nothing was wrong BEFORE I took you to the vet and paid $300 for them to do an x-ray of your bladder and stick a cath in you.

My mom is off today, so she was running his urine to the vet for me. Since I was already on the phone with them (going "Oh, uh, well never mind, now he's peeing a river and acting like there's no problem, and it's clearly because I'm on the phone with you.") I told them it was coming so they could do a UA but we could be pretty confident he had some kind of UTI or something, it's par for the course for Augs, but that I was hoping to maybe also get some pain meds for him. Last time Auggie was squatting and not peeing much or at all (last time I spent the $300....) they gave us some pain meds and assumed it was pain from the UTI making him straining since he wasn't blocked or anything. So hopefully Doc will okay some pain meds for him too.

Sigh. Our chiro vet had mentioned before that maybe we should put Auggie on a low dose of abx permanently and see if that doesn't help his chronic bladder issues. Both of us agreed that it should be an absolute last ditch effort, but I'm starting to wonder if that's not the route we should go now. =/ This cannot be fun for him.

On the upside, maybe being on the abx will finally clear up this toe issue. It's not infected but an extra boost can't hurt.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
:( Auggie. I hope he gets fixed and feeling better soon!

My vent is that now I'm being blamed for my (now former) manager not filling out WSIB paperwork when I got injured. Oh, OK...

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
People need to stop insulting Sansa Stark in my presence. The girl is strong and she is fighting for survival, even if it's a different kind of strength than Arya. They are playing different games and just because she was soft spoken and girly doesn't mean she isn't a total and complete badass

YES I AM AWARE I AM WAY TOO INVOLVED IN FICTIONAL CHARACTERS

AND NO I DON'T CARE

PEOPLE NEED TO READ THE BOOKS AND TELL ME SANSA ISN'T A FRIKIN GEM

A GEM I TELL YOU!

Friend's little sister is getting married.
Her LITTLE SISTER.

Sigh.

I was always of the opinion that if they're happy, you just keep your mouth shut because they'll only resent you rather than listen to you.

I followed that for my brother and his wife. well fast forward 10 years and they are finally divorced and for most of those 10 years I didn't have a brother I was very close to previously.

Knowing what I know now, I would have and should have said something. without getting into all the details, I have a brother back and the bitch is gone :)

Maybe find a nice way to say it, but say it. I should have at the very least things would have ended like they did anyway, but there's a chance I could have helped him see he was making one giant mistake, before he had to pay for it.

Equinox

Crap, I hope your friend is able to recover the photos completely, Sara :(

People need to stop insulting Sansa Stark in my presence. The girl is strong and she is fighting for survival, even if it's a different kind of strength than Arya. They are playing different games and just because she was soft spoken and girly doesn't mean she isn't a total and complete badass

YES I AM AWARE I AM WAY TOO INVOLVED IN FICTIONAL CHARACTERS

AND NO I DON'T CARE

PEOPLE NEED TO READ THE BOOKS AND TELL ME SANSA ISN'T A FRIKIN GEM

A GEM I TELL YOU!
Ack. YES.

I think people need to stop with all the Sansa hate, and I haven't even read the books. I mean, at this point in the show she hasn't done much so I don't think she's a "badass"... but I'm incredibly fond of her character. It's a very realistic kind of strength and I think she's pretty great.

Members online

No members online now.