What on earth is growing in my clover?

Maxy24

I already posted this in a gardening forum but I'm impatient so I'm gonna post it here too :p

I have some severely neglected clover (oxalis acetosella) that was purchased back around St. Patrick's Day for decorative purposes. It only really gets watered when someone happens to notice it and take pity on it. Tpday was one of those days. I went to pull off some dead leaves and saw orange stuff growing in the base of one of the clover plants. I can't find anything online about clover having these orange things which leads me to think it's some separate plant/organism. Any ideas what it could be? There are two above ground but it looks like at least three more below ground, I'll go digging around later.

Paradis

That is the root bit of it, you can separate and plant it elsewhere. Be forewarned though it grows and spreads everywhere. My grandparents had some and now it is all over in their garden beds. They have the green variety and the red variety. If you pull it all out of the pot there will be loads more of those orange looking things and just plant elsewhere. Makes for good ground filler in gardens.

Members online

No members online now.