The Dogs of the Fire Hydrant

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I know there are a good handful of people on here who pretty much only post in the Fire Hydrant section. Some have their dogs in their signatures, and some do not. Some haven't made any mention of their dogs in years!

This topic came up in chat not so long ago, and I'm not the only one who wants to know about your dogs!

So... want to share? Pretty please?

I'd love to hear about them! Breeds? Ages? Funny stories or quirks? PICTURES?

LindaJD

Here is Molly(left) and Trixie. They are Shih Tzu's. molly is going on 12 and Trixie is going on 10. They have the same father, different mothers.

Molly is not the healthiest dog. She is blind now. She has severe allergies and after years of trying to keep them under control, she is now on a daily dose of prednisone :(. She is a love bug. Never met a person she didn't love. Never barks and is just a sweetheart. I know my time left with her is limited and it breaks my heart. She is the first dog I ever had that I completely bonded with and loved with my heart and soul.
Trixie on the other hand is so healthy, never ever been to the vet on a sick visit. She is like a puppy with her energy. Go Go Go. She never leaves my side. I get out of work at 1 everyday and she waits for me. If she happens to be outside when it's close to 1, she will peek under the gate until I get home. She can be barky sometimes when someone new comes in the house and that can get annoying. She won't stop until they pet her. I love her, she is my baby.

Here is Trixie waiting for me to get home from work.

This is the litter box my dad built for the cats, we keep it on the mud porch. I really like it. The top opens and we keep our swim suits and towels in it in the summer and hats and gloves in the winter in it.

We also have 2 cats Church named after the cat in Pet Cemetary. She looks just like that cat. And Rosie because she had a cute pink nose. I kid at my old work had a cat that had kittens. He asked me if I wanted one and I did. He brought 2 over to pick from, they were the last of the litter. When I found out the other 1 was going to the shelter, I took them both. Seeing as my husband denies me nothing he wasn't surprised to come home to 2 unexpected kitties that day. lol They are bigger than the dogs now.
All my animals get along really well and most days you can find all 4 of them sharing the same dog bed (or my bed) at the same time.

Here is Church and Rosie as kittens.

My animals have it made. Here is the dog door in our backyard cabana, we put it in so we didn't have to keep getting up to let them in and out.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Not very exciting stories to tell about my two lol.

Beezer and Belle. We estimate Beezer is about 7 and Belle is about 9/10 years old

Beezer is a greyhound/pointer mix and Belle is a blue tick coonhound.

Mostly they sleep on the couch all day and go out in the backyard and bark at critters that may or may not actually be there lol

I'll have to find a pic.

yoko

I haven't posted anywhere else very much lately.

I'm still as in love with Yoshi as ever it's just that we don't do anything fancy like shows or competitions and I don't really feel there's too much of a want of random Yoshi pics.

But she's doing good! She turns 8 this year and I'm torn between being super stoked I've had 8 amazing years with her but also being kind of sad that she's getting older :(

She went to the vet a few days ago and is doing good. She's a TINY bit stiff when it gets cold but you can only see it when she is standing up from laying down. Once she's up she's going/running/jumping. I've been giving her some joint supplements and have seen a little bit of a difference. But it's so small of a thing most people couldn't see her getting up slower like I could.

All in all we're staying busy and trying to get her ready for fishing/hiking season :D

Members online