how do i get my dog to stop whining

Saje

Island dweller
Why is he whining?

If he's just whining for attention then you HAVE to ignore him until it stops. It could take days or even weeks. He has to learn that if he whines he is NOT going to get what he wants. That's the most important thing.

But make sure he's not uncomfortable and doesn't have to potty first.

pitdog

he hines when i am not there he just sits and howls until i pick him up then again he is still 4weeks old maybe thats got something to do with it I don'tr know since hes a pup i try to ignore him and it is very hard to do . :confused:

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
that could be part of it. How long have you had him agian? He's probably still homesick for his mother and siblings. I know our new puppy will still howl at night sometimes. Just ignore him if you're sure he doesn't have to potty or isn't hungry or in any type of pain. I let our puppy sleep with a stuffed animal and he would snuggle up with it (ofcourse eventually he decided to rip it apart). You'll need to make sure there's no button eyes or nose or anything that he can rip off and choke on.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
He is whining because he knows that if he whines you will come pick him up. You have to ignore hs whining. Even if you just put him in his room or wherever you keep him for a couple of minutes and wait until he stops whining and THEN go let him out. Also when you put him in his crate or room or whatever give him soemthing to do. a kong with peanut butter some toys. Although he is only 4 weeks so don't do that yet. stuffed animal is a good idea. 4 weeks is awfully young to be with you and not with the mom so i would imagine its hard on him.

Saje

Island dweller
He's four weeks old!!! WHy do you have a puppy that young? He shouldn't have left his mother until he was at least 8 weeks!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I'm going to add my vote to the "WTF?! category". Please tell me this was a stray abandoned puppy you saved because it's mother got hit by a car and not something you went out and paid money for.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Mikey27X834 said:
A girl I know got a Puppy at 3 weeks out of the newspaper in Australia. Fortunately her Dog is an awesome 11 year old now who turned out wonderfully. :p
That doesent make it right!

Benjamin

Hello Mr.Pitdog! This can sort out your'e problem. Maybe taking the dog out for walks? Hand feeding your'e dog, like doggy treats, Biscuits etc. Give your'e dog a bone?
Theres sevural way's to stop your'e dog whining.

skyhigh

OMG!! Are you serious??? Never eveeerrrr take a pup away from its mother till 8 weeks min. Some go to 10 weeks. I got my pup at 10 weeks. That is CRAZY. You'll have probs with that unless you act as her/his mother. Is she weaned yet?

Members online