poopy puppy

Raika's Mom

Iggy and Kitty Mom
Raika is having diarrhea today and she hasn't eaten anything out of the ordinary. I gave her some cottage cheese and I'll give her more before she goes to bed. I think I remember reading that pumpkin is good for this too? She's not acting like she feels bad, so I'm not worried yet. If it persists, how long should I wait before calling the vet?

makes sure she drinks plenty and yes pumpkin is good, is there any way she could of stole something, from a bin baybe? As long as she is eating and seems ok in her self I would give it 48 hours

Fran27

I'm not sure cottage cheese is the best when a dog has diarrhea? When Boris had some, the vet told us to just use a blent diet - boiled chicken and rice, for 2 days. It seemed to help. Canned pumpkin is good too.

Raika's Mom

Iggy and Kitty Mom
She's all better today...I think she must have gotten into something. Thanks for the advice! I'm going to get a couple cans of pumpkin to keep on hand. I only gave her cottage cheese because we had it on hand and the breeder recommended it when she was itty bitty.

Adrienne

Make sure it is plain pumpkin and not the piefilling, that has sugar added. Also, I believe your pup is a GSD right? If so be careful of adding foods with extra calcium, you don't want them growing to fast, can cause pano and other joint problems down the road.

Members online

No members online now.