NYPD Blue writer punches his poodle in face

yoko

:O That's horrible!

And the wife says 'it was a horrible accident'! Yeah in my world a full grown man full on punching a 4 lbs dog in the face is NOT an accident.

Xandra

Sources said Shuttleworth, who has worked for Steven Spielberg and now reads scripts for $300 a pop, allegedly decked little Lola on May 29 because he was angry at the pup.

He took the 5-year-old dog to a veterinarian, where her death raised suspicions. The hospital called the ASPCA, which took Lola’s remains for a necropsy.

“Lola sustained a traumatic brain injury secondary to the application of blunt force to the right side of her head at the hands of the suspect, her owner,†said ASPCA spokesman Joseph Pentangelo.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...ath_cops_ZIl0beRej3oCFF9N8zvCVK#ixzz1y5JsLsaj
It kinda sounds he must have admitted to it though? Just the way everything is written...

Doberluv

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED:
The hospital called the ASPCA, which took Lola’s remains for a necropsy.

“Lola sustained a traumatic brain injury secondary to the application of blunt force to the right side of her head at the hands of the suspect, her owner,” said ASPCA spokesman Joseph Pentangelo.
That ****** ****** should get the same as he did to an innocent dog.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Yeah... I accidentally kicked my chihuahua fosters a few times walking through the house. In retrospect if it caused enough damage to take them to the vet I would be fearful of conclusion jumping bleeding hearts out of a witch hunt. Hopefully what they are accusing him of is true because a year in jail is a long freaking time to punish a potentially innocent man.

Xandra

I'm trying to figure out how they know he was the cause of the blunt force trauma. Maybe he did do that, but no where does it say "He admitted to punching his dog"

Just seems weird to me.
Me too. What would it look like if he were walking and didn't see it and kicked it in the head? What if he dropped something on it? is there some huge difference between a kick and a punch in a necropsy?

I'm surprised at the surety that everyone is saying he punched it, the only reason I thought there must be an admission is because they could be sued for slander or something if they're wrong, right?

ETA did his wife say he did it? Because I've only seen her being quoted as that it is "a horrible accident."

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Except his wife is saying he did it. But its ok it was an 'accident'
No, she said it was a terrible accident. It *is* a terrible accident if you kick a dog that hard while walking. It *is* a terrible accident if you drop a book on a dog and that happens. I didn't see her say "It was a terrible accident that he *punched* the dog." Am I reading the wrong articles? The only articles I have seen are filled with slanderous smut, I hardly take truth from that sort of fantastical writing as a rule.

It's typical of the media to write things in a way that make the reader picture a certain sequence of events regardless of their validity. Reading the 20 or so articles out there, they all say the same thing basically, Man punches poodle in the head till dead.

How did they arrive at that conclusion? What happened? what were the events leading up to it? So far the only thing known for certain is the dog died.

Beyond that we have speculation from a "suspicious" vet, which lets face it any time a seemingly healthy dog dies there is suspicion though there are thousands of perfectly normal things that could result in a dogs death. Then we have the statement from the ASPCA, which so far, seems to be based upon more speculation with no details to support any claims.

But as is so typical with the media, it's typical with the reader, jump to the conclusion the writer was looking for and attack away. It's like watching a puppet master pull strings

yoko

No, she said it was a terrible accident. It *is* a terrible accident if you kick a dog that hard while walking. It *is* a terrible accident if you drop a book on a dog and that happens. I didn't see her say "It was a terrible accident that he *punched* the dog." Am I reading the wrong articles? The only articles I have seen are filled with slanderous smut, I hardly take truth from that sort of fantastical writing as a rule.
I'm sorry but when the article specifically says he got angry ay the dog and then the dog mysteriously dies from blunt force trauma I don't see that as oh I accidentally stepped on it.

My friend was watching a dog smaller than that and I accidentally kicked it while walking. I don't know if I just walk different but I'm not moving my foot forward with enough force to kill a dog large or small.

Also I'm pretty sure crushing by stepping on or dropping something on looks different than an outright punch to the face.

But yet again I'm the only one not defending the abuser :eye roll:

I'm sorry but when the article specifically says he got angry ay the dog and then the dog mysteriously dies from blunt force trauma I don't see that as oh I accidentally stepped on it.

My friend was watching a dog smaller than that and I accidentally kicked it while walking. I don't know if I just walk different but I'm not moving my foot forward with enough force to kill a dog large or small.

Also I'm pretty sure crushing by stepping on or dropping something on looks different than an outright punch to the face.

You should hope some day you don't find yourself in the position of being judged so harshly by those that know so little.

Xandra

How does stating he was angry while punching the dog substantiate the claim that he punched the dog??

Are you a 230 lb man? I'm not and when I'm walking quickly I bet I could kill a 4 lb animal if I accidentally toed it in the head.

Why would it? if the dog is looking up and gets nailed by the corner of a book, or the animal gets toed in the head, how is that going to look so different from a punch to the head? I mean, different enough that we can say beyond any reasonable doubt that this man is an abuser?

Doberluv

No, he's been arrested for it, because of suspicion from the vet, the asap, and the police, not convicted. So, there's not the conclusive evidence. I just bet he did it. We'll have to wait for the trial, if there is one.

I think it would be hard to accidentally kick the animal hard enough to kill it. I've walked into my dogs' heads, they've hit their heads hard on the coffee table when they jumped off the couch a few times by misjudging the distance or their leap. I've even kicked them when out walking and walking briskly, rolling them. :eek: The big dogs have crashed into them when they were running...on a couple occasions. None of those things ever even fazed them. Yeah, I'm not 240 pounds but these dogs are tiny. I'm not saying it's impossible...not at all. But I just have a gut feeling he did it. But that will have to be proven if he's to be convicted. We'll see.

Members online

No members online now.