heres the verdict

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
just got back from my first obedience class.
well... basically i learned from a pro that Ruckus IS dog aggressive. and obviously doesnt know his own name because i use it so much...

so this week we are working on
a new way to teach sit and stay seated until i say okay.
stay with me on a leash, focus on me!
and to come as soon as i tell him and follow me.

we have quite a bit on our plate, but Ruckus did awesome today. he really loves this so far :)
i was bad at keeping up, paying attention etc, but Ruckus caught on fast. he was teaching me some of the time :)

omg.. she let him off leash! (they live out in the middle of nowhere)
my heart stoped!
but he came right back as soon as i said so. so that was a surprise. of course not something i will be doing without the trainer by my side for some time!
btw, Ruckus is suppose to come with me to as many places as possible. My trainer said i seriously need to socialize him. She said that if i didnt come for help when i did i would be in a world of trouble because of his dg aggression, and fear aggression

Sounds like you are making a good start with Ruckus. As he gets out more he will gain more confidence and that will help a great deal with his defensive behaviors :)

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Trust me I have been there(well not your same situation but I know how you feel :( )

You hang in there...DO ALL that you are told/have to do...you will see AMAZING results at the end ;)

Members online

No members online now.