pitbulls+washington

LabBreeder said:
Well, I didn't see the story or hear about it and still haven't found anything online other than the face transplant articles. Who cares what breed it was??? Geez, ya'll need to get off your soap boxes. This woman was a druggie that doesn't even know what happened.

If it was a pit bull EVERYONE would care.

L

LabBreeder

dr2little said:
LabBreeder, what the heck are you talking about.....soapboxes? Why would you quote my post with that response. Nothing in my article had any lecture or hint of a soapbox speech. Please re-read my post and explain to me why exactly I deserve your resppnse???:mad:

1. I responded to you in the first part of my response
2. I said "ya'll" not "you".

L

LabBreeder

GSDlover_4ever said:
If it was a pit bull EVERYONE would care.
That's kind of the point. Why does it matter? Read the post I made about "when people stop breeding, training, abusing specific breeds so they are vicious and agressive and bite people/dogs then those breeds won't be in the spot light." (paraphrased)
No, I'm not saying stop breeding the pits/rots/dobes/GSD's/etc. I'm saying stop breeding them with specifically for agressive and vicious tendencies. Train them right. Don't abuse them. Do right by the breeds, all of them, and then if one bites a dog/person it'll get the same coverage as any other.

What i don't understand Labbreeder is that you said that we all need to get down off our soap boxes and that the woman was a druggie that didn't know she had been attacked.
Does that make a difference then to the fact the she had to have reconstructive surgery to repair the damage?

Trip

WE have a pit bull ban here, since last summer, right before it went into effect the pounds were inundated with the poor creatures. Thankfully there is an out in that if you already have a pit bull you can register it and keep it, just can't get any more and you have to neuter them, keep them muzzled unless in a 6 ft high enclosure and can't be in custody of any one under 18 yrs of age. any that were in pounds at time law commenced were automatically put down. I volunteer at the spca, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS DOG!!!!! At least no more then with any other breed, they have their own breed characteristics... most shared by other breeds to some extent or another, and are loving and loyal. My best friend adopted a 9 mth old pit bull rotti mix that would have put down the day before it was to have been put down. That dog loves it's family, I can walk into the house without her trying to rip out my jugular, and it thinks its a lap dog. Further more she has two kids, one has learning deficiencies, and it has taken to them completely. The problem isn't the dog, its the irresponsible training or lack thereof, and the problems associated would be evident in any breed of dog treated/brought up in the same way. It makes me sick how many were put down last summer because a bunch of morons thought it would make them seem tough to have a "typical" pit bull, and so trained it to try to kill everybody. I've seen vicious dogs, I've been attacked by vicious dogs, I have yet to meet a vicious pit bull. I'm not saying they don't exist, but I am saying that they are not the most likely to become vicious. I have certain breeds of dogs that I will never own due to the fact that I don't trust their temperment, but trust me, if I had not had my collie and a cocker moving in in a month, I would have been one of those last minute pit bull owners to save at least one of their lives.

Members online

No members online now.