Angels Bad Habit

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Angel is my 5 year old Sibe. She like Stinker is the Agouti color so can be confused as a mix but she is not she is actually from a litter at my parents. Angel has always been a rather seriouse dog who gets wild on occassion. Her bad habit is a pretty different kind of one. Angel has always had a thing for rocks ever since she was a pup. She will go out in my flower bed, drive way, woods, or the pond between mine and my neigbors property and get a rock in her mouth take it back and put it in her pen or on the porch :rolleyes: . Well today she did it and i walked up onto my deck to see 12 large rocks and a number of pebbles laying around on there that wasent there before :rolleyes: . it may not seem like a big deal but it is when you step out the door barefoot and land on some nice sharp pebbles od stove your toe on a nice pond or garden rock :rolleyes: .

Luckily I have never had an instance where she has eaten any of the rocks (thank god). Even though it still makes me nervouse especially when I see she has brought me pebbles. I always reprimand her when she does bring them but that doesent stop the rock loving Angel :rolleyes: .

Barb04

Super Moderator
You're so lucky Angel doesn't eat them. When we moved into our house, there was a pool surrounded by small white rocks and then a large border in back of the house with the same. Max tried to eat them! We had to hire some help to haul off all the rocks. What a chore. I never had a dog that wanted to eat them before; then again, Max is not your typical dog.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
There's a girl after my own heart! She would like my rock pile....
at the dog park there was a ches. bay retriever that dove down in the water and brought back rocks..i talked with the owner saying i had never seen a dog do that before and he said it is common in the breed..so she has company! Any of her rocks have interesting shapes?

Angel is a rock hound!

My Mom's Rat Terrier, Katie, has a thing for rocks too. She goes out in the yard a selects the right ones, brings them up on the deck and arranges them around the perimeter of the deck - evenly spaced. Katiehenge.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Wow, that's actually very interesting.

You never know what could be going on in their mind. What if it's like little kids when they play with Legos, at least, I used to. They could be plotting . . . world domination! :D

avenlee

LOL! My parents used to have a Shepherd that loved rocks. We all thought it was weird, but now I guess not that out of the ordinary. Penny would go to the extent of burying them to save them for later.

Chalk it up to another one of those crazy things dogs do I guess.

Members online

No members online now.