Creative friendship gift

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
My best friend is getting married this April. There is a group of three of us that are besties and I wanted to get something for both of them the morning before the wedding while we are getting ready for the wedding and such as we are both in the wedding party.

I was thinking about getting matching rings for each of us, but is that too tacky? I want it to be creative and meaningful, but I am drawing blanks. I am SO not creative. I am looking on esty, but nothing is calling my name yet.

so anyone have ideas?? They would be much appreciated. :)

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Rings are a bit touchy because then you are dealing with ring sizes and honestly, with an engagement ring..personally, I find that most people don't wear any other ring as well.

Depending on your budget.. when my very best friend got engaged I got her a pandora bracelet with a charm to symbolize our friendship. These bracelets are great because they can continue to fill it with charms they love

The bracelets themselves vary in price range.. I'm in college on a limited budget so I got her a leather one. They are simple and pretty (and only 40.00)

http://www.pandora.net/en-us/explore/products/bracelets#!590705CGY-S/material/04/metal/05,04,11,06

The average charm is about 40ish as well

Personally, I love mine.. this is what the "finished product" looks like with a few more charms.
I only have 2-3 on mine and it still looks really pretty

everything is well made and beautiful.. and it is something I can add to and is very individual and special because of the charms people give me/make.
(etsy has some great beads and such that are one of a kind)

I think it would make a lovely gift for your friends personally..

and PLUS, they have gotten less popular as of late with the sorority crowd (thank goodness.) so they are much less of an everyone has one fad..

milos_mommy

I would do something like a scrapbook of your friendship up until then. You can figure out a way to get each of them to write a little note to the other and you can write them each one. They can either be the same or you can make them more personalized to fit each of their tastes/personalities. If you decide to do that there are a ton of awesome scrapbook references and sites.

I did one for one of my good friends when he spent the summer aboard - at the time we had a close circle of friends who did everything together, so the entire book was just things we did together while he was gone and notes we wrote on restaurant receipts and ticket stubs, we even may have sort of grafettied on the wall of an abandoned military base "***** was here" and took pictures of it...

You could do pages like "girl's nights" with funny quotes you guys said, reviews of movies you've seen, business cards or something from a bar you frequent or a dried flower or leaf from some outdoorsy place you go, notes you passed if you were friends in high school, etc.

Members online