I have a problem

ScottyOH

I have a 7 year old terrier/lab mix dog. She used to be perfectly house trained, but for awhile now, she leaves her little presents around the house. And we just moved from California to Ohio and Im sure that doesnt help matters any.

She has had this problem for a long time now, even at our old house. I can put her outside, and leave her there for awhile, but when I put her inside, the first thing she does is find a place to do her business. I was hoping than when we moved, that she wouldnt do iit anymore. That she would go outside like shes supposed to do. THis is becoming very frustrating. I HATE yelling at her, becaue I know that doesnt really do any good.

WHat can I do to make her go outside? She KNOWS that she did something wrong. yet she does it anyway. I really dont know what I can do. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've got another question to add to Serena's: has anything (other than the move) happened to your life that has kept you from having as much time to pay attention to her as you used to? This behavior is sometimes a protest our dogs mount to tell us they want - and need - more attention from us.

Oh, and be SURE you aren't cleaning up after her little packages with an ammonia based cleaner. The scent of the ammonia will bring her back to the same spots in your home. I'd suggest a citrus based cleaner, since most dogs don't like the smell.

My puppy is finally potty trained about 2 weeks ago. What I did was stick with two words one for peeing and one for duties. I say Go Potty and Do your Duties and when you take them outside on a leash go to the same spot and when they do go give them a treat right after and praise them. Immediately go in the house so that they know that they are out there to go to do their duties and not play. This took about 2 months of frustration but it worked.

pimp

I've got a lab

You have to train them to keep pooping in one spot and they will aventuly going to the spot by themself.

Members online

No members online now.