What's for breakfast?

Doberluv

My eating habits have gotten a little weird I think. For example, here's a breakfast that I bet no one else is making this morning. Some is healthy and some of it may not be so much. A recipe for you: ;)

1 small bratwurst (about 4" long) diced up

1/2 yellow squash (the kind that's shaped like zucchini or you could use zucchini) sliced and quartered.

about 3 inches of an eggplant cut up into small pieces

2-3 baby green onions diced

garlic - 1 clove or whatever you like.

1 stalk celery diced

Lrg. handful of sliced mushrooms

chunk (2 square " about) of jicima diced

2-3 mini red, orange or yellow peppers

generous sprinkling of basil, oregano, sage, salt, pepper

some cherry tomatoes

2 eggs

parmessan cheese or any cheese you like...just a little bit

Start sauteing onion, celery..get it going, then add bratwurst, squash, peppers, eggplant...sautee for a while until tender, then add jicima, mushrooms, garlic and herbs, then tomatoes and cheese, (don't cook too long) then push those things to one side of the pan and start scrambling the eggs on the other side. Mix all together. Makes about 2 generous servings. A person could do all this chopping the night before and just quickly saute` it in the morning for breakfast or any meal.

So, there you have it. What did you have or are having for breakfast this morning?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I cracked two eggs into a coffee mug and microwaved them, then forked 'em into sorta scrambled eggs.

Lyzelle

No breakfast....can't stomach food in the morning. Coffee only.

I do brunch though. Typically something full of fat and protein, with a side of fruit.

katzand

Gosh your breakfast sounds awesome. Made me hungry just imagining how good it smells. also very healthy with all the veggies.

Jealous...as I stand in front of my very empty fridge. Bored and uninspired.

Maybe some coffee and a bit of yogurt.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Decided to make oatmeal bread this morning. Cooked up a giant bowl of rolled oats, measured out what I needed for the bread recipe, and then ate the rest with chopped pecans, golden raisins, and a little brown sugar. Mmmmmmmmmm...

The bread ought to be good, too. That will be breakfast tomorrow. LOL

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Honey-nana Chobani greek yogurt. It's either greek yogurt or waffles most mornings.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Today I have eaten 2 small crackers and a soya yoghurt.... it's 4pm. Still full of stomach bug :(

Generally I suck at eating breakfast, but I have been trying to eat more. Usually a yoghurt with some kind of granola stuff mixed in to it.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Well it's 10am and I just got out of bed (wooo I love days that I get to sleep in!) lol so I don't know if I'll have breakfast or just wait for lunch. ;)

I'm thinking I might have cinnamon raisin toast with crunchy peanut butter and raspberry jam; and a bowl of vanilla yogurt with some strawberries and granola thrown in. And a glass of orange peach mango juice. :p

Yep, that sounds pretty good.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Eeeewww! That sounds like my personal nightmare!

Usually a boiled egg or some wheatbix and coffee.

Dekka

Just try me..
3 slices of thick maple smoked bacon, a medium boiled egg and some chocolate orange tea :D my fave and most common breakfast.

3 slices of thick maple smoked bacon, a medium boiled egg and some chocolate orange tea :D my fave and most common breakfast.
If I decide to go with breakfast it's usually bacon (or better, Canadian bacon) and a couple of brown eggs, either soft boiled or over easy. Eating the yolks runny preserves more of the nutrients than if they're hard cooked.

Dekka

Just try me..
LOL I am not a huge fan of back bacon (also known outside of canada as canadian bacon) I did have a bacon steak thing once, it was really good. I like eggs and there was a study that showed that people who ate eggs for breakfast were less hungry throughout the day. Seems there is some protein in eggs that promotes satiety. I have to say I am not usually hungry again till 2-3pm. Handy not to have to pack lunches!

One good thing about not having sugar at breakfast, no worry about a drop in blood sugar to make one feel bleh mid morning.

Eggs are about the only thing I can eat for breakfast that doesn't have me starving in a couple of hours.

When I just have coffee I'm not typically hungry for a long time either. I think it must be the cream giving me a long fuel burn with just a bit of sugar for the fuse.

Lyzelle

Definitely with you on that, Dekka. I wish I could stomach eggs. I have tried and tried, probably a dozen different ways. But they taste very ick to me, seem to sit at the back of my throat, and I just regret always eating them. So I just try to go with something like ham, bacon, anything meaty and fatty.

Definitely no sugar for any meals, and that includes bread, cereal, and all the whole grain crap. I might have a bite or two of greek yogurt here and there, though, and of course fruit.

Gotta say, I've never had canadian bacon. I need to put it on my Try It list.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
LOL I am not a huge fan of back bacon (also known outside of canada as canadian bacon) I did have a bacon steak thing once, it was really good.
Back bacon is pretty much the only way to get it over here...

And by bacon steak, do you mean gammon?

Members online

No members online now.