Quit Smoking Attempt 2 Million and 1!!!!

LauraLeigh

Not sure why I feel the need to share...

I have tried this a Million times it seems, this one needs to stick, for my health and because I am tired of being a "slave" of sorts to a darn cigarette...

I am too ashamed to share on Facebook after so many failed attempts!

ACooper

E-cigarettes are your friends. They're miraculous.
They worked for me! Began E-Cig and nicotine gum in January 2011 and I was completely nicotine free by March 2011! 3 months and no more cigarettes, no more gum, and no more E-cig needed! I was a smoker for 20+ years.

It doesn't matter if it's attempt 2 million and 1 or 3 million and 5.........the point is you keep trying and you get credit for that in my point book :) It's a very hard thing to overcome and you have to find the right combination of help. You'll get there! I hope it's this time!

GO GO GO LL!

LauraLeigh

Only E Cigs we can get up here are Nicotine Free :-(

But so far today (Early yet though LOL) so good...

I know I should not be ashamed, but it's hard when you get comments about how "you should just quit already" so I feel embarrassed and weak..

Thanks everyone, it's good to hear support!!

Doberluv

You're not the only one. OMG! It's the weirdest thing. I used Chantix twice. It really is a great drug but for some people it's a nightmare drug if they have those side effects they talk about. Sheesh! It didn't give me any side effects and it works wonderfully....except, down the road, I started yet again. People who don't have this issue with cigarettes can't wrap their head around why someone would start again or why someone would smoke if they want to be healthy. It's an addiction. And there is no logic behind addiction...none whatsoever. Logic and addiction can't be spoken in the same breath. Just keep trying is all I can say. And try not to beat yourself up too much. At least, during the time you're not smoking......well......you're not smoking. LOL. I think those e-cigs might just be the ticket.

Dekka

Just try me..
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!!

Don't feel ashamed! You can do it :)

ACooper

LauraLeigh, if the nicotine free Ecigs are all you can get then try them along with nicotine gum or patches. They are not a 'perfect match' for the act of smoking, but it comes very close! Much better than the old chew a carrot stick or suck a lollipop ideas!

I truly feel if I didn't include the Ecig in my attempt, I would still be a slave to smoking. I can't tell you how good it's felt this whole last year being smoke free!

I equate it with my child FINALLY being off the bottle and diapers! LOL Remember how good it felt to stop packing and lugging around the diaper bag? OH! And remember how nice it was when you could stop using a car seat? OMG........FREEDOM! LOL I don't have to make sure I have my cigarettes and lighter before leaving the house.....(or turn the car around because I forgot them!)..don't have to be sure I have enough so I don't run out over night, etc etc I don't have to plan my activities around being able to smoke somewhere! It really is liberating!

YOU CAN DO IT!

Members online

No members online now.