Wireless WIFI containment?

lizzybeth727

I've never used them myself, but I know they work for some people and they don't work for others. Personally, I think they're too risky - some dogs run straight through them without blinking, some become so afraid of the shock that they're afraid of the entire yard. Plus they don't prevent other dogs and animals from coming into your yard, which really only makes it more likely that your dog will chase that animal out of the yard and run out himself.

Lolas Dad

Years ago we had a Chihuahua that I trained to not leave our yard that was not fenced in without a wireless fence. As for Lola the only time she is off leash is when she is at the dog park that's fenced in or over my sisters house because that is fenced in. Even though she is off leash at those times I am still outside keeping an eye on her. When she is on leash it is a 16 foot training leash so it gives her some room to move around as if she is off leash. What you might want to do is get a 30 foot training leash and teach your dog the boundaries of the property that he must stay in. It's also a good tool to teach him recall. When you are with him on the leash and he's getting to where he should not be call him back to you and then reward him. After a while he will know where he can go and should not go.

Lola also knows the difference between the long leash and the short leash. The long leash means we are going outside for a walk or potty break. The short leash means we are going for a ride. So when I have the long leash on her she walks right by the truck and when I have the short leash on her she stops at the truck and waits until I open the door, she will then get in first and jump in her booster seat.

When I have her on the long leash and stop at the truck to get something or start it to let it warm up I will open the door and she will sit waiting for me to get out and continue our walk.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I've seen where some dogs stay inside the area but have also witnessed 4 different homes where the dogs would go right through it if they wanted to. Also, once they were out of the area, they wouldn't go back home because they knew they had to cross the line to get back. I just don't trust them.

One other thing, it doesn't prevent other animals from coming onto your property which I don't like.

Members online

No members online now.