Dog Bed advice...

Dreeza

So I'm looking for a new dog bed for Oakster...his is just so flat & lumpy & uncomfortable looking (even though I bought it like 3 months ago!!)

Anyways, I would much rather invest a bit in a good foam one that won't get all lumpy. Plus, I am wondering if he likes my bed so much simply b/c its more comfy (since he is on there even when I'm not)...so I feel bad.

Should I go for memory foam? How thick at least? The ones in Petco that were 2 inches seemed sooo thin. Like I could squash it with my fingers!

I also like the one with a bolster, as I think Oakley would really like it.

This one seems pretty good...

Amazon.com: NEW Large 40" x 30" Beasley's Couch Dog Bed: Home & Garden

It is def the style I want, as I don't want one with a bolster on all 4 sides...but I'm worried about the only 3" foam.

I really don't want to spend more than 70 shipped (and that is REALLY pushing it, lol)...

Any good beds you guys would recommend...I'm willing to look at ones that are a tad more expensive & I'll see if I can shop around for a better deal on it...

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I know you said foam but Costco has great dog beds and the cover zips off. They're polyester and cedar fibre filled but you can always take that out and replace it with a big piece of foam from the fabric store if it gets lumpy. I mean the price is right and my dogs LOVE their costco doggy beds.

Costco - Pet - Beds & Blankets

So if you don't find anything that perfectly suits your fancy, this is totally a decent option.

Dreeza

I know you said foam but Costco has great dog beds and the cover zips off. They're polyester and cedar fibre filled but you can always take that out and replace it with a big piece of foam from the fabric store if it gets lumpy. I mean the price is right and my dogs LOVE their costco doggy beds.

So if you don't find anything that perfectly suits your fancy, this is totally a decent option.
ooh, i never saw the bolster ones at costco!

He had a costco bed that he eventually ripped to shreds tho...which is why I wanted foam

ACooper

I will tell you what Orson's bed is if you promise not to laugh! LOL

We tried several different 'dog beds' between him and Phoebe and none of them really held up well. I ended up at a thrift store (good will I believe) and saw a baby bed mattress for 15 dollars, a light bulb came on in my head! :D It's nice and springy, I can change the sheets easily to launder, and he's had it for over 2 years with NO PROBLEMS! Still in the same shape it was from day one. Just a suggestion if you've never thought of it.........I think even brand new baby bed mattresses are cheaper than many dog beds, LOL

darkchild16

We are Home.
Coop the cheapest is maybe 40 dollars if you get a deal :p

But you can look on CL for a used one. I want one for Sci but have no where to put it in this house.

Amstaffer

Great tip....those are good prices. I usually just buy a bunch of garage sale comforters and fold them up.

ACooper

I used to but I wanted something with cedar. My two stink them up FAST. LOL
Another reason a baby bed is excellent! Orson's has some type of plastic coating under the cloth of the mattress (I can hear it crinkle a bit when he climbs on) probably because babies are leaky stinky little creatures, hahahaha

I launder the sheets/blankies he has about once a week, and I can spray the mattress down and wash it now and then (I average about every other month!) and there is zero odor :)

darkchild16

We are Home.
I know. Hes getting Bevs old one next year i think and we will replace hers, its got a few tears in it from the moving and such. The baby is getting a new one.

DanL

Daisy has a twin mattress on our den floor. Gunnar and Bruzer will use it too but never all of them together, they seem to respect whoever is on there. Well, unless it's Bruzer. Then they make him move.

Members online

No members online now.