My poor girl

Scooter

Zoe ripped a toenail off about 10 days ago. We had it bandaged for 3 days, then she wore the Elizabethan cone of doom for a day- which traumatized her. Now I'm trying to keep it clean, but she keeps scraping it when we go for walks and it bleeds. I don't want to wrap it again because the vet said it needs to stay dry to heal. I'm thinking of putting a sock on her foot when we go for walks just to protect it. Don't know what else to do!

Scooter

Thanks. I think it'll work if I put a rubberband on it. It only gets hurt when we're outside, so this might work!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i was thinking tape too grammy....mom made bronki a sleeve to go over his cast when we went outside out of a piece of felt lined table cloth. it was waterproof and gave it some protection from the snow and mud..we removed it as soon as he came in. Even with all of that his cast had to be removed early. IT smelled like it was rotten in there, his ol baby foot was just too sweaty to put in a cast.

Scooter

Well ths sock trick worked! It didn't seem to bother her a bit- she walked on it like it wasn't even there. It protected her toe during the walk, then I took it off when we got home to dry out. Even after 10 days, it's still just a pink nub of flesh. Yuck. I think it's going to take a while for the nail to grow back.

Members online

No members online now.