Back to the vet with Bear

Barb04

Super Moderator
I hope you both get some good news when the results come back. Hugs to you both!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
maybe he should have some blood work done...has he had a lyme test? This is the way it presented itself in me. I didn't bounce back when i should have, then i found nothing helped me bounce back. Things certainly didn't heal the way they were suppose to. Yeast and bacteria are my main enemies. I sure hope not but if it was it would be treatable.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Back from the vet with not much of an update. :( He's got some bacteria and yeast growing on his nose and that's what is causing the smell. I got more antibiotics for him. Vet said his nose doesn't look better actually it's getting worse so they did a biopsy on his nose to see what else could be going on with him. I won't get those results until friday or saturday. He's lost 7 lbs in less than 2 weeks which also has them concerned since he is eating just not as much as he was. He's not as interested in food as he was. They did some blood tests and nothing came back unusual and everything looked good.

The vet said that his wounds on his nose are spreading out across his nose which makes her think something else is wrong besides the ant bites. Ant bites don't spread and whatever he has is. If I don't hear anything by friday I have to call and see if they got test results. So I'll be sitting on tacks for the next couple days and praying it's nothing serious. At this point they don't see him having long term issues but we won't know for sure until the biopsy comes back. This doesn't look like it will affect his vision at all since the part that is causing concern is the bridge of his nose. As soon as I hear something I'll post another update.
OMG.. ((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))) (and some PB cookies to Bear)

I really hope it's simple to fix, and we're all here for you and sending good vibes.

Members online

No members online now.