Siren.... OMG I can't deal with this

LauraLeigh

I don't even know how to get through typing this for I can't see my screen

We'd noticed some weird behavior in Siren, sudden mood changes and once last week she attacked Di for no apparent reason... I figure she was feeling her oats and was working with her on appropriate behavior...

The vet gave her a quick look over a week ago and she appeared happy and healthy...

Today she was just laying on the floor, sunning herself when she started to growl then went from that into the worst seizure I've ever seen.... It was horrible.... I couldn't get near her as she was also semi coherent and trying to bite me if I approached her...

When the worst had seemed to pass I crated her and took her to the vet in her crate, she was lethargic and weak, did not seem to know who I was...

She had a large brain tumor, and the choice was made to let her go, trying to operate where the tumor was would likely have failed and the vet was also worried there was already brain damage...

I don't remember who I have on here on Facebook but I'd prefer to keep it off there, I know you all understand my pain but many of my friends would not understand why I am such a mess right now....

I can't really say much more right now, simply too devastated and upset... I just felt I had to tell you all, and I'm going to crawl into a hole and try and heal....

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
OMG. =< I'm so sorry... I don't even know what else to say. Just so unbelievably sorry.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
No. Just no. You guys have been through so much, this sort of thing isn't supposed to happen. :( I'm so, so, sorry. :( Run free little girly.

ACooper

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

I'm sorry LauraLeigh, I know how you feel with the sudden onset and decision, it was very similar with Phoebe last year.

RIP Siren. Happy you got a real home and love in your too short life.

Members online