Bum rub

T&D's Mum

I've read that when a dog drags its bum on the ground, it most likely has worms. My 14 week Lagotto does this occasionally and it's usually if he's just done a poo. Today he did it in the kitchen and hadn't done a poo. Could it be something apart from worms? The reason I say apart from worms is that he's been wormed regularly, is healthy and has recently had the thumbs up from the vet.

Maxy24

The three reasons I know of it worms, impacted anal glands and well um...residue. So either he needs to go the vet again or he needs a bum wiping after each poo :yikes: Have is stools been loose?

Cazian

I'm a Good Pup Me.
The only time i have seen Buddy do the bum wipe on the floor is when his stools are soft from eating something that has upset him.
I now know when he is like this to take some loo roll out with me and wipe his bum for him before we hit the carpet.

Scooter

Our dog did that and it was because her adrenal glands were full and they itched her. She was trying to squeeze the fluid out by scooting her butt. The vet cleaned her out, and she's been fine ever since. I think you can be taught to do it yourself, but I wouldn't- nasty business!!

Maxy24

Our dog did that and it was because her adrenal glands were full and they itched her.
Sorry but since adrenal glands actually exist I must correct you :D Her anal glands were full ;)

T&D's Mum

Lovely topic, I know!! Sorry...

Well, he's due for his C5 shortly so I will raise it with the vet. I usually wipe his bum with tooshie wipes, but don't always so perhaps that's it. I do know he stops after I wipe it!

Members online