Dog Lost in NC *Update*

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Ealier there was a post about a dog lost in NC....here is an update :)

Thank you all for your positive thoughts and prayers - they worked! Someone dropped off Ben earlier today at a neighbor who shares our house number, different street name. Fortunately they recognized him immediately, though as we were not home, they could not deliver him. Ben spent today entertaining our gracious neighbor with a nonstop fetch game (he asked, "Does he ever stop?" He also said he and his wife were arguing all day over whether Ben was a puppy or three years old - he is eleven!).

Ben was no longer wearing his collar, and oddly, had been bathed (he smells nice!). We have no clues where he was the twenty four hours before he ended up at our neighbors' house, or what happened for sure. At least now we know we have a bunch of kind friends all over and new friends in the neighborhood, too!

Other than being very itchy, he seems none the worse for wear. I started emergency meds for the itchiness but all is well. One of the people I met on my travels today was a very nice vet who has a small clinic not far from here. I'll take Ben up tomorrow to meet them and get a quick blood test.

As for Ben, he is sleeping on the bed tonight whether he likes it or NOT! I feel like someone opened the window and let the sunshine in again!!!!

Members online

No members online now.