St Bernard breeders

Hello all, I'm wanting to add a new member to the family and am looking for any information on some very good Saint Bernard breeders. I would like to do some showing at some point. I have not found any locally yet and would like to talk to some breeders along with owners of the dogs that have come from them. The heart of america kennel club is having a show this weekend and I'm going to that hoping to meet pick up some more info and talk to folks there.
Any help would be great. Thanks!

Thanks, I have checked there and not gotten any response in the past. Its hard to find connections and people who are in the Saint Community, I know there are lots out there but I'm having trouble finding ones that will help me out.
Are there many St Benard owners here?

Saintgirl

Hey bigdaddyTank, the breeders list on the Saint Bernard Club of America may take a long time to get any responses from, they have to sift through alot of junk email to read the one email that might be sincere about Saint Bernards. The best bet is to go to The Saint Bernard Club of America site and go to New to SAints, from there check out the Getting Advice and Help, these people can answer questions and put you in the right direction to a breeder near you.

I love the breed, but I always warn people away from them, but you already have a big fella and are already familiar with the amount of fur when shedding, the size of the vet bills, the need for a bigger vehicle, etc. The one thing I would like to warn you about is the amount of drool. Don't be fooled when someone says that they have a Saint that doesn't drool, because all Saints drool, and I kid you not when I say that everyday I walk through the house washing it off of walls. I have a drool rag with or near me at all times to catch the stringers!! Don't get me wrong, he doesn't drool 24/7 but he does drool always after taking a drink, if you have just put on clean clothes, or you have someone over who is disgusted by drool, lol! Depending on whether you are interested in getting a male or a female you are bringing a much larger dog into your home than the one you already have. The number one reason that Saints are rehomed is because people say "I didn't know he would get so big". My boy is tall at 34 inches and he weighs in at 195lbs, when we got him, we had to buy a new truck (new to us anyway!) just so we could bring him with us when he got older.

There are some excellent breeders out there, and my advise to you is to keep trying to contact them, eventually you will get through. It is worth the wait to deal with one of these breeders with an excellent reputation than to settle for something less, it will save you a ton of heartbreak in the end.

Thanks for the info, I went to the dog show in KC this weekend and met some people and am going be putting deposit on a pup from a future litter. The dam and sire both come from the Cache Retreat kennel's and have very clean pedigrees with no history of problems.
I'm all set up for big dog's right now. Tank is 32" and weighs 130, so he is close to that size, I learned early on not to have things out that can be knocked over easy, especially when he and I get to wrestling and playing ball in the house. I have huge SUV, Ford Excursion that has been broken in my Tank, and drool is not a problem. My best friend used to do Mastiff rescue so I have an idea on what to expect from the drool.

Members online

No members online now.