Dekka's guide to enjoying Trolls.

Dekka

Just try me..
Trolls are a fact of the internet. If you frequent forums you WILL come across a troll, if not many trolls. Now many people get upset by them, but if you practice you can actually hunt and 'destroy' trolls. This sport is quite enjoyable and is a great stress reliever. I made this guide to help you get started in this new and rapidly growing sport.

First off you may wonder..

What is a Troll.

We are not talking ancient norse monsters..

Your typical troll has a much more diverse morphology. They can be the socially awkward person who can't function outside of his/her computer.. could be the person who grows up bullying others and now high school is over is out to cause **** anonymously. You also have activist types.

According to the wiki
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]
How to spot a troll. At times this can be difficult. At times they act like normal forum members for a short time and then their trollishness comes forth. At other times a troll comes in and posts 'guns a blazin'

A few signs a poster is a troll
~The spout off as if their ideas/opinions are facts.
~They seem to know exactly what to say to offend the largest number.
~They often don't post anything about themselves.
~The BIGGEST sign a person is a troll is their lack of ability to answer questions.

Many people say to not feed the trolls, but that only slightly dissuades them and is no fun.

How to play with Trolls..

First of not all trolls know they are trolls and have yet to come out of the closet. Some are new to the vocation and are not very good at it.

So play nice.. you don't want to scare your quarry away, then you will have no chance to 'bag' the troll. Be polite. This also allows you to save face in case the poster is just an idiot and not a troll. Firmly poke holes in what they are saying in an intellegent and calm manner. This frustrates the troll-they are expecting anger and outrage. Pretend like you are tying to understand them... see if you can get them to explain their points. It never works and makes the look extreemly silly.

And that is the key to your success. You want to make the troll show his/her trollishness for all to see. There comes a point when the troll is soo frustrated and their posts stop making any amount of sense. That is when you 'bag' the troll. When even the troll can no longer pretend they are not a troll.

Then you can get as snarky as you want.. they are going to have to retreat anyway. Don't forget that all posts are here for posterity.. if you your troll gives you a good long 'fight' you will have a very entertaining thread that other sportsman can join in/or read for great forum fun!!

Remember hunting troll is a catch and release type sport. That way you and other sportsman can keep enjoying them for years to come.

So PLEASE do feed the trolls, it keeps them healthy and active.

Dekka

Just try me..
yes but I LIKE internet trolls.. they provide hours of fun and sport... they remind us of how normal we are ... even when we are not all that normal.

PROTECT THE TROLLS... you will be sorry if they become extinct.

Hmmmmm that may be my next 'crusade' SAVE THE TROLLS.... has a good ring to it.

Thank you Chazzers.. for feeding the trolls.

R

RedyreRottweilers

Well darn it all, we have several magnificent trophy specimens that are now missing from the halls of Chaz.

I bet they will be back the moment they are let out of jail, tho.

HAHA!!!

Cfr34

As an Internet marketer I visit a wide variety of forums. I must say this is one of the funniest, yet accurate posts that I have ever read.

You see these people on just about ever forum. There are a few forums that will not tolerate these folks and give them the boot. They often carry on as an expert, but they only seem to be an expert in their own minds. Great post.

Now, I must move on to find info about my four legged friend, Wayne.

Thanks so very much for sharing. I needed a good laugh after watching the evening news.

Members online

No members online now.