The musing thread

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
This cat is kind of totally awesome.

He's super fat, has a URI, had disgusting ears, has tapeworms, is FIV+, and has a big nasty abscess on his bum from what may have been a ruptured anal gland...but he's freaking awesome. He has chubby little cheeks and a squat bulldog frame and he's just so SWEET. Not many cats would let you clip and clean their nasty abscessed bum with only minimal restraint and no protest.

I kind of want him. I'm really hoping the rescue takes him back to his foster home, because if they leave him at work for us to adopt out I'm pretty sure he will be coming home with me on a foster basis (unless he doesn't like dogs).

Anybody want a tabby version of Garfield that doesn't have any other kitties? ^^

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
This cat is kind of totally awesome.

He's super fat, has a URI, had disgusting ears, has tapeworms, is FIV+, and has a big nasty abscess on his bum from what may have been a ruptured anal gland...but he's freaking awesome. He has chubby little cheeks and a squat bulldog frame and he's just so SWEET. Not many cats would let you clip and clean their nasty abscessed bum with only minimal restraint and no protest.

I kind of want him. I'm really hoping the rescue takes him back to his foster home, because if they leave him at work for us to adopt out I'm pretty sure he will be coming home with me on a foster basis (unless he doesn't like dogs).

Anybody want a tabby version of Garfield that doesn't have any other kitties? ^^

I love stubby little cats :D

He looks adorable...

Lyzelle

So old friend I ran into a few weeks back never really got back to me about hanging out again. So I message him all like, hey, lemme get your number. Maybe facebook is wonky and his message never went through.

So he gives it to me. Suggests I come visit him at work because he works nights and it is boring. Don't really get to answer, push it back and sorta never respond. Get around to going back to the convo tonight and noticed he had kept going saying he always had a thing for me, I'm gorgeous, etc. and he understands if I want to cut ties.

Then he apparently promptly unfriends me.

WTF dude. Confusing much? Don't get back to me, confess attraction and interest, then unfriend me.

'kay.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
So old friend I ran into a few weeks back never really got back to me about hanging out again. So I message him all like, hey, lemme get your number. Maybe facebook is wonky and his message never went through.

So he gives it to me. Suggests I come visit him at work because he works nights and it is boring. Don't really get to answer, push it back and sorta never respond. Get around to going back to the convo tonight and noticed he had kept going saying he always had a thing for me, I'm gorgeous, etc. and he understands if I want to cut ties.

Then he apparently promptly unfriends me.

WTF dude. Confusing much? Don't get back to me, confess attraction and interest, then unfriend me.

'kay.
he opens himself up to you, confesses that hes into you, and you dont respond, so he takes that as a rejection, and gives up and deletes you. makes perfect sense to me.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
he opens himself up to you, confesses that hes into you, and you dont respond, so he takes that as a rejection, and gives up and deletes you. makes perfect sense to me.
Agreed, guys are weird that way. Guys are weird period ... I have this one guy friend who texts me and he's all like "hi" I ask how his day went or he asks hos mine went, I will say something else (that he doesn't respond to ... But if he doesn't I don't send anything else) then he doesn't message until about 10pm and he's all "good night" :confused: lol.

Maybe text him and explain that you weren't able to reply right away, see what happens. If he doesn't respond then his loss.

Lyzelle

Nah, not worth it. If he was interested he should have gotten back to me the first like two weeks...not made me chase him down just for him to run off into oblivion. BeAu and I do girls anyway, not guys. So moot point unless he was actually intrested in just being friends.

But anyway. I'm just tired and sick tonight. Feeling sorta bleh. But I invited a chick over, so now I am torn between throwing in the towel and hoping she'll be interested another time or sticking it out a few more hours.

Saeleofu

I was discussing cost to ship a dog on Facebook, and discovered I can fly to Portland for $286 round trip.

I really wish I had $286. I'm dying to visit Logan's breeder (she's roughly halfway between Portland and Seattle).

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Very funny, Indeed.com, suggesting MY OLD JOB to me as a recommended job.

Also not cool to suggest my friend's job that she just got fired from to me.

Saeleofu

How the **** does one land a plane at the wrong airport? I mean, Jabarra is TINY. Really tiny. Your plane is enormous. Just...how did you think you were in the right place?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I really need to decide what kind of alcohol to put in my Camelbak for Thanksgiving. Vodka is a good idea since it looks like water. But I'm quite tempted to start throwing down a few secret margaritas... I just need some agar agar...

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Just placed my first modcloth order and I'm so excited and scared that I'm still too fat to fit in anything form there (it's a coat, which is such a gamble in itself, but it was so cute and half off..... Uuuuuugh).

Kayla

Chazhound rocks! I just read 43 pages of musings!

This is the first time in my life living and volunteering abroad and I've really enjoyed it but I also at times end up missing home like CRAZY!

I made the longest list of things I can't wait to do when I get home:

-Training, play and hiking dates with Duke and Maverick
-Family dates, friend dates
-Dates with Craig

Today I was driving into Barcelona with my volunteer co-ordinator and another volunteer and I got hit by this over whelming feeling of oh ya this isn't my home, I'm in Spain right now.

I've just moved to the country side vs.the city and love it 100 times more! I only intended to stay for a month originally to participate in the volunteer programs but I've ended up doubling my time.

Yesterday was my first time going into a prison to participate in animal assisted therapy using clicker training and it was beyond amazing and interesting.

I've gotten lost well over 10 times on the transit system and on my way to work sites that I think I've developed a whole new zen. My main strategy when lost is to go get food LOL, you can't be to concerned when you've got popcorn, a cafe con leche (expresso with milk), croissant, hot dog, etc.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Why does my lovely fleecey hat smell like alcohol? No one else wears it..and I don't drink. So. Ew.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
There's a hoooole in my house dear Liza, dear Liza! There's a hole in my house, dear Liza a hole!!

Members online

No members online now.