Introducing - Sams New Baby Griffon - Welcome!!!

S

savethebulliedbreeds

Aww. Griffin is adorable!!!! Congratulations!!!! Chazhound is so full of babies and happiness that is makes me sooo happy. Congrats on your new baby boy.

Maxy24

AWWW congratulations! I love how he has a little smile on his face in the second picture, and I love little baby fingers :p Babies give me warm fuzzy feelings inside. Welcome to the world baby Griffin :D

sam

They better be !!! Can't wait to see the nursery !! Sam , don't think you're taking 2nd interest here !!! With Saje being a Mod we've had so many more updates than from you !!! Would love to hear how the labor and birth went ! You look soooo beautiful and happy in the picture !!!

LOL Grammy-- that's such a mom/grandma trait to be concerned about everyone's feelings and making things equal. I'm not at all concerned. I'm pretty new around here and I still haven't figured out how to post pics-- so y'all haven't even really seen Rosie or Sammy yet!

The birth was as good as it gets I think-- much better than with Ben. The only truly awful bit was pushing through the last 5 contractions and the actual arrival of the baby. It can't be too bad though, because I'd do it again in a heartbeat - just not anytime soon :D

I had been having contractions for days and was walking around 4cms dilated. I woke up several times in the night and by 5:30am was pretty sure things were getting going.

We arrived at the hospital at 7am and he was born at 11:41am. I managed to get an epiduiral at 7cm which was LOVELY. Much less pain, far easier to push and still had feeling and all the movement in my legs and could rearrange myself, get in a good position etc. I had my own OB and amazing nurses. I felt very supported and in good hands the whole time (again MUCH different from my last labor)

Geoff is really a great guy to be with in labor and I think he must have been stressed and laboring with me because at 11pm he crashed and snored all night long :lol-sign: I was too wired to sleep. We were home in 24hrs and everyone crashed but me. I'm still too excited. I think I'm starting to need sleep though because I was very short with the public health nurse who arrived to check us today and didn't want to come in until we had put the dogs away. I basically told her if she wanted in she'd have to deal with the dogs, they wouldn't bother her-- ack-- seems I'm a bit irritable eh? :p

Griffin seems to be a big healthy baby and is b.feeding, peeing and pooping like a champ. We couldn't be happier or feel more blessed.

The dogs are a bit stressed. Rosie looks very annerved when the baby cries hard. That newborn cry is pretty crazy. She seems to be wondering what the heck he is:-- sounds like prey, smells like food, sucks away all mama's time and wakes us up all dang night! :mad:
I'm sure the dogs will settle when we get back to our hiking and frisbee routine. That should be soon. I feel pretty good.

I can't wait to see Saje's wee Fiona and hear how they're doing and what the dogs think.

bubbatd

Thanks for the blow by blow !! Birthing is a wonderous event ! Sounds like things went smoothly for you all and so glad that the nursing is going well ! Sure beats having to do bottles and formula ...Now we need more pictures !! Love to see his big bro too !

It sounds like you had as wonderful a birth experience one could hope for Sam, I'm so happy for all of you.

I'm sure with you being such an involved dog gal, your dogs will adjust in no time..especially with you feeling so good.

Ditto Grammy. I'd love to see a family shot with big brother Ben too. I promise if you email it to me I'll post it for you sans spelling errors. Then again, if I spell Ben wrong...I guess Chaz should just revoke my membership.:p:D

Giny

Aw, he sure is beautiful! Congratulations to both mom and dad! And I must say for someone who just gave birth you look amazing!

Members online

No members online now.