Agility training

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Does Clean Run ship to Canada? That's where I ordered mine from (I added a few tug toys into my order too ... don't tell my husband!)
+1 - I ordered all of mine from Clean Run too!

Lucy looks great, I admit I started laughing when she left you at the start line. Naughty girly! But she was having so much fun!!

Sekah

The Monster.
Does Clean Run ship to Canada? That's where I ordered mine from (I added a few tug toys into my order too ... don't tell my husband!)
Not without charging you an arm and a leg. Seriously, it's absolutely ridiculous. The only things I can order from there are items with free world wide shipping.

krissy

Wow! Look at Lucy go! That's awesome. She's a quick little thing! She is also WAY smaller than I thought.

Well, here's a fun compilation I put together of Kili at the indoor event centre we've started going to. Some clips are from last week (the ones of me in all black) and some are from today (I'm wearing a blue shirt and white leg warmers). We had major distraction today as a tonne of people showed up! It really threw Kili off and I found she was exhausted almost immediately from watching all the activity even from her crate. So she was pretty tired by the time it cleared out a bit and I was able to get my camera going without worrying about holding up other people. I have never seen her do the weaves so slowly, lol, but it's the very beginning of her seeing the third set of 2X2s so I wanted to include some of it. Also, first time on the teeter at full height, hence me rushing to help with the tip since I didn't have help. All in all though, I'm pretty happy with her. I got a little frustrated at first today because she wasn't usual miss enthusiastic, off the walls... but considering ALL the distractions I realized she actually did really well and it was good for her. Hopefully the more work we do in busier environments the less she will notice them. :)

[YOUTUBE]uHN56f8twlI[/YOUTUBE]

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Awwwww Lucy did so well!! I love how amped she was to just start running :D

Kili looks great - I started laughing when she was rolling on the ground. Kimma does that when she's happy :) And Jari did the same thing the first time I put the 5-6 pole set up. It was like he had never weaved before hahaha. I actually did drop him back to 4 for the time being because I wanted to work some more entries. We aren't going to compete for years yet so I have time to get to all 12 poles :)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Kili looks awesome!

Little Old Dog is going to be the death of me, I swear. We ended up not hailed out but were indoors.

Indoors means Old Dog loses her head. :rolleyes: We had major major zoomies going on. On the plus side she was incredibly fast. Bad side, we're still the worst at weaves! All the other dogs can do them. On the plus side, we're definitely rocking the handling stuff and jump stuff. We also worked the chute and she's rocketing through that.

AND she TUGGED. Like a real bite down a pull on her fleece toy. Wat. Not for but a bite or two but seriously, this is the dog that couldn't play and was afraid of tugs. It's awesome!

So yeah... focus is awesome when she's on but that first exercise was weaves which we're just bad at plus zoomies like crazy and it was wild. She is wild.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Oh and me "Summer you're going to kill me."

Trainer: "No, she's just going to make you a really good trainer."

Later on (after our endless little dog zoomie in circles forever moment) I was complaining about her lack of focus. "She just a little excited.'

A little bit excited?

iriskai

Kili looks great! I need to start taking video of my guys...

Mimi.. AHH. We're trialing this weekend. FOR REAL. I'm excited. We're practicing things above Novice, so I'm hoping we'll be good! Class today for her was a Standard run, we did decently, she decided she wanted to do 10th pole popping for offside weaves.. need to work on driving with her. Also need to work on driving to jumps.

Ezra's class was a basic 'course'. Lower A-Frame, versaweaves, baby dogwalk. He did well! We need to work on building value in jumps... the boy has drive, but no focus. :) He 'graduated' agility 1.. again. PhD student. xD I'm thrilled with how far he's come in the past couple months, he's actually having fun! Boybrain kicks in every once and a while (well, regularly), but he's enjoying it.

I ran Mimi through his course after class and she has a speedy run through a pretty simple course (and we threw in some nice lead changes, yay!). Nice little confidence booster for the trial this weekend. :D

Kili looks great! I need to start taking video of my guys...

Mimi.. AHH. We're trialing this weekend. FOR REAL. I'm excited. We're practicing things above Novice, so I'm hoping we'll be good! Class today for her was a Standard run, we did decently, she decided she wanted to do 10th pole popping for offside weaves.. need to work on driving with her. Also need to work on driving to jumps.

Ezra's class was a basic 'course'. Lower A-Frame, versaweaves, baby dogwalk. He did well! We need to work on building value in jumps... the boy has drive, but no focus. :) He 'graduated' agility 1.. again. PhD student. xD I'm thrilled with how far he's come in the past couple months, he's actually having fun! Boybrain kicks in every once and a while (well, regularly), but he's enjoying it.

I ran Mimi through his course after class and she has a speedy run through a pretty simple course (and we threw in some nice lead changes, yay!). Nice little confidence booster for the trial this weekend. :D
Yep we are doing level one again as well, this long horribly cold winter with snow for 6+ months has made practicing more then once a week more then a little difficult.

iriskai

Yep we are doing level one again as well, this long horribly cold winter with snow for 6+ months has made practicing more then once a week more then a little difficult.
No shame! I'd honestly take it a third time with him, but I don't want to take up a spot that a super new person could be filling. I think my trainer for Mimi's class is going to let me start bringing Ezra for baby sequences... that way I could at least keep myself consistent, as opposed to going back and forth with different instructors?

BostonBanker

Snooker is the Best Game Ever! Seriously, I think half the reason I do USDAA is for Snooker.

Advice: don't skip the briefing ever. The rules change. Ask questions if you are at all unsure.

Plan for flow in the lower levels. You don't need a ton of points. You need 37 to Q. The closing is 27 points if you get through it. Three red jumps = 3 points. So you need 7 for your opening obstacles. A 2-2-3 is going to get you a Q just as much as running your butt off for 7-7-7. You don't have to kill yourself for points until Masters/PIII.

Some people plan for what they will do if they make an error; that doesn't help me, but some like it.

If you hear the whistle, run for the finish to stop the clock!

DenoLo

We are running our first USDAA snookers. Anyone have advice? It always looks terrifying.
If you drop a bar in the opening and it's supposed to be in the closing, just pretend like it's still up and run through it anyways. Lola never drops bars, so this one completely threw me for a loop and we got whistled last time because she sensed my hesitation and went around it.

It's fun though, just figure out how much you need and go for the most flowing course you can. Have the opening lead right into the closing.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
You know, I don't think Summer has ever knocked a bar. :confused:

I just hope I can remember it! I always end up having to wing my gamblers runs so this will be new!

It's red, blu, red blue red blue closing? Right?

Members online

No members online now.