Crate fans

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Those of you that own crate fans what kind of fans do you have and where did you get them?

I'm looking for a battery operated one that I can hook to the side of the crate that stays in my car. That way if I have to lead dogs in the car temporarily I can have a fan going in addition to having the windows rolled down.

Figure it would be good to have especially for road trips and dog sport events.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat

BostonBanker

I have yet to find a "dog crate fan" that doesn't suck.
Ditto. None of them I've seen move enough air to be useful in my opinion. I checked out fans for a whole summer looking to replace the one I had (looked like the one Fran posted, although it may not have been the same. Worked great, but used up a TON of batteries).

I ended up buying a Ryobi. Amazing power for such a little fan, and they run off the rechargable drill batteries. I own two batteries, and if I had out for a weekend with them both fully charged, they last me the whole time (usually don't turn them on first thing in the morning, but on mid-morning to whenever we are done for the day).

I don't think the one I have now is still available, but this is the "new" version, which also seems wonderful. I've been checking them out at trials, and may get a second so I have one for both crates. Right now, I just set it up so it is kind of blowing on both.

http://www.amazon.com/Ryobi-18-volt-Battery-Type-BATTERY/dp/B001NJA2JQ

xpaeanx

I realize this may make me completely crazy but....

When going places where the dogs would remain in/near my car I actually just brought a car battery and a box fan or two. I bought an adaptor from Walmart that turned a car battery into a powerstrip and then the box fan(s) would run off that for the day. Take it home and recharge for the next event. The fans were like $10 each, the converter was ~$20, and I always have old batteries but if you buy a new one price can be all over depending.

I found the camp fan type things never put out what I wanted for breeze and they were also heavy bc of all the size D batteries they took.

When I would be away from the car enough to not want to lug all of that, I bought small fans from petedge. They clip right on the crate and worked ok. I'll look it up later... I'm driving right now. HaHa.

But, if you have your car... My vote is box fan and car battery!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Mine pretty much suck. They're just regular battery fans that I can put up next to the crate. I bought them at Walmart.

CaliTerp07

I have the ryobi boston posted. I <3 it. It's expensive as heck to get the batteries ($100/each) but they are powerful. I suffered the loss of a battery this year (it stopped charging--said it had gone bad) which sucked, but I still thought it was worth replacing.

I also have a cheapy clip on fan for emergencies that lives on the crate, but all it does is alleviate my guilt. Pretty sure it does nothing to actually cool down my dog.

I have the cool mat from clean run for the bottom of her crate, which is helpful too. I have to remember not to store it in the car though, or it will get pretty darn toasty.

I love Ryobi stuff! I saw people using that fan at the comp this weekend and seriously have want for it.

My dad has a ton of batteries and we have a lot of the things that use thos (Trimmer, blower, Saw etc.) and I've become a huge fan of them. I think that fan is going on my want list.

BostonBanker

When I bought my Ryobi fan, it was actually cheaper to purchase a drill that came with two free batteries than to just purchase two batteries. So I have a drill that I've never touched, but got the two batteries for a great price.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Hmm I think I'm going to look into the ryobi. We have a bunch of batteries that would work since my husband does carpentry/electrical/handyman work for a living.

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
I have an Endless Breeze for Cali and it has been a lifesaver. It's a bit pricey, but it does a great job of keeping a 90lb, double coated dog cool on 100+ day....so it is worth it in my book. :)

They make two models. One is just a plug in and the other will let you run it on plug or batteries.

Dagwall

I'm likely to get a ryobi myself for next spring/summer. It is what most of the nosework people I've talked to have recommended. Along with the solar shade blanket to cover the car.

Members online

No members online now.