Halloween Costume Progress Thread

Saeleofu

In case anyone is interested, I'm making one of these:

I don't know what I'm going to do for robes yet, and I have no plans for Halloween, but I'M MAKING A TIMELORD COLLAR DAMMIT!

Also, Gavroche will be this:

Gavroche's will probably be made of cardboard or poster board and spray paint. I want it to be lightweight, flexible, and it really only needs to last a day or two.

Mine...will probably be made of papier-mache. I've seenva ton of ideas, including fiberglass, leather, and wonderflex, but papier-mache seems to be most feasible at the moment.

So, I'll post pictures as I make progress! If for no other reason than it'll make me actually do it. I'm buying supplies tomorrow. :popcorn:

Saeleofu

I can't decide if I want to do the classic red with gold accents, or the modern gold (with or without red accents).

I was looking up how much one is to buy. Apparently they aren't made anywhere commercially...the only one I found was an original Tom Baker era one, an actual prop (Tom Baker's collar, specifically), that went for >2000 pounds :yikes:

Weirdly, one of my favorite eye makeup pigments from Mon Ennui is Dalek, lol. She has a gorgeous blue one that would be incredible on someone with brown eyes called Tardis :D

I love getting my makeup from someone who is also a totally non-apologetic geek <3

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I'm going aS Ten :D Got my suit and everything. Just need a sonic screwdriver :p

Last edited:

Saeleofu

I need to take pictures tomorrow. I have the frame-thing almost finished, then I need to papier-mache and pain it (or cover it with fabric...haven't decided yet). My brother has some extra fiberglass so I may still put a layer of fiberglass over it before painting.

I need to start on Gavroche's costume, too.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I need to get the suit tailored to fit me :p The waist of the pants is pretty huge on me. Ten's suit is relatively simple though, and I scored at the thrift store. I always wear Chucks, so that was easy too. My aunt has a sonic for me, but I won't get that until we go up to see her in November. So I'll just be kicking it in a suit.

Which actually, isn't that unusual for me on Halloween. I usually go as HP with the school uniform/dress shirt/tie and robe, lol. :p

Saeleofu

Awesome! If we were closer, I have a sonic you could use lol. I have 10's and 11's

Saeleofu

It's kind of hard to see right now...even in person lol. I have the general shape, I
m getting ready to papier-mache the first layer right now. The duct tape is so I don't kill myself on the sharp edges until I get it covered in paper lol. Then I'll shape it a bit more (it needs some corners rounded, neck contour made to fit better) and figure out how to make the part that goes from the stand-up part to the shoulder piece look natural.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
OOO this is fun! I'm a golden snitch this year!!
I am writing "I open at the close" across my collar bones
My friend is drawing silver wings (using body paint) on my arms

Oh and a gold tutu I am getting made on etsy! lol because frankly.. it isn't halloween if I'm not wearing a tutu

I just need to find some silver body paint, spray gold glitter and a gold top! :D

Half the people at this huge college party I'm going to probably won't get it lol but oh well

Saeleofu

That's awesome Fran!

I need robes still. Not sure what to do about that. Maybe I'll have a chance to go to thrift shops on Sunday. They must be red, because I really want this collar to be gold lol.

ETA: YES, ALLIE! Nobody around here will get mine either, but THAT'S NOT STOPPING ME! :rofl1:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I don't get any of them lol but still cool :)

Eta: the costumes are still cool... Not me lol it is obvious I am NOT cool

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
How would nobody get it??
Lol every young adult I know watches adventure time!
Because the only place I'd really wear it is to work, and no one at work watches it! Bah!

I might do it anyway. She's so curvy and cute like me! I just need to fake the blond strand of hair. :D

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I LOVE ADVENTURE TIME!!

No one is going to get my costume/suit either, but that's not stopping me. And I don't care what anyone says, you are NEVER too old to dress up on Halloween!!! :D

And I wish you lived closer too, lol, because we could have such fun running around as Time Lords :p

Members online

No members online now.