Kennel cough woo's

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
My friends rushed Bella to the vet this morning. She was coughing like she had a hairball yesterday and didn't stop when they woke up this morning. This morning she would cry in pain after every cough so they rushed her to the vet. Vet believes at worst it is probably kennel cough so is giving cough suppressant, some kind of pain relief for her throat, and some such meds.

She seems to be doing 100 times better! She is running around now and playing, unlike this morning where she was mopey and didn't want to do anything at all. :) Unfortunately Art was with her for the last 3-4 days, and so was Bear! Poopy!

I haven't seen Art coughing, goopy eyes, or anything concerning and he's acting normal. So maybe we escaped him getting it (YAY), though he's under quarantine for a while just in case. Bear on the other hand started "hacking" a little today :( So she's under quarantine and bed rest. I was thinking maybe a warm chicken/beef broth would be good for soothing the throat? Any suggestions on what to give Bear to help ease oncoming symptoms?

I think the only reason she really got it was from all the stress of all the new people and parties going on this weekend. It was a lot for a shy little dog to handle and I think it stressed her out a bit too much, which is why she got sick. Poor thing :p

SaraB

Poor guys! Kennel cough sucks. I have no suggestions to help the symptoms, but I'm hoping that Art doesn't get it!

Members online

No members online now.