Photography tricks?

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
As I mentioned, I am doing The 365 Project this year. Every week Picaboo is helping us along with themes and new techniques to try, so that this process can be a learning experience.

Only six days in and I'm finding myself to be impatient... LOL!

This week I learned bokeh, and it's been fun! From that I've also learned about aperture masks to get different shapes with the bokeh technique, though I haven't had a chance to try that out yet. It's been nice to find something new, and it's also forced me to finally brave the "M" setting on my camera. :p (I've ventured into Av and Tv before, but never M.) Oh, and I finally learned how to read the exposure value graph in my viewfinder!

Anyway, I'm already itching to learn something new.

What are YOUR favorite tricks to gain interesting effects in your photography? :)

Michiyo-Fir

Do you have an external flash?? If you do, you could try bouncing the flash off the ceiling, or walls. I think it's one of the most useful lighting techniques, especially for casual shoots like the dogs at home, or small family events and parties.

Other things you could try are making bounce cards, or even a reflector combined with a bounce card, both can be easily made at home! It gives some cool effects, especially for directional lighting :)

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Do you have an external flash?? If you do, you could try bouncing the flash off the ceiling, or walls. I think it's one of the most useful lighting techniques, especially for casual shoots like the dogs at home, or small family events and parties.

Other things you could try are making bounce cards, or even a reflector combined with a bounce card, both can be easily made at home! It gives some cool effects, especially for directional lighting :)
I do have an external flash used specifically for bouncing light off the ceiling. LOVE IT!

I have read about reflectors, but didn't think to try them out. Thanks!

Members online