Ontario mini meet up at an all breed funday

Dekka

Just try me..
Hey the other thread got me thinking

For those of you in Ontario who want to have fun, meet other chazzers and help a good cause?

ACK RUSSELL TERRIER RESCUE and the SHELTER OF HOPE in conjunction with PANACHE KENNELS, are proud to present:

DOGGIE SPRING FLING FUN DAY
Saturday, May 28, 2011

Events include:
Jack Russell Terrier and Small Dog Racing
Lure Coursing
Agility
Brush Hunt
Super Earth
Games
Yard Sale
vendors
BBQ
PLAY ALL DAY (pass for 1 dog = $10.00)
PLAY ALL DAY (pass for 3 dogs = $25.00)

7628 COUNTY ROAD #28
CAMPBELLCROFT, ON L0A 1B0
GPS: 7628 COUNTY ROAD #28 PORT HOPE. Note: HWY 401 EXIT 464 NORTH

All proceeds from this event will go towards JRT Rescue and the Shelter of Hope.
what is a funday? It means your dog doesn't have to be trained for most of these games and you get to come out and try. Have you ever wanted to try lure coursing? Now is your chance. Last year Sierra and Finn got to try LC at this event and had a BLAST. Brush hunt is another one great for any dog (its completely enclosed)

If people want to stay here, I have (an old) trailer that isn't spoken for....

Dekka

Just try me..
Ya its the same weekend as regionals. So I am not timing (The last few years I have timed, haven't done enough with my dogs to enter.... more things I will do again when I am done school)

Nolu... COME!! I will even let you sleep IN the house if you want (though the trailer is fun)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Finn and I might be able to come, it depends on work and potential newjob. We'd love to snag the trailer if we come, it was cozy last year! Though Finn is twice as big and he hogged the pillow last year...

JessLough

Love My Mutt
what is a funday? It means your dog doesn't have to be trained for most of these games and you get to come out and try. Have you ever wanted to try lure coursing? Now is your chance. Last year Sierra and Finn got to try LC at this event and had a BLAST. Brush hunt is another one great for any dog (its completely enclosed)
Definitely not last year... I think it was the year before last. I remember I had just recently joined chaz, and I had not had Renegade and Rogue yet (cause there is no way I would have gotten away with leaving Rogue)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Definitely not last year... I think it was the year before last. I remember I had just recently joined chaz, and I had not had Renegade and Rogue yet (cause there is no way I would have gotten away with leaving Rogue)
Yup, two years ago because Finn was a pup. And how he's halfway to three. *dies*

Dekka

Just try me..
Just bumping this to make sure all Ontarian see :D

Come on you know your dog wants to LC...

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
This sounds like so much fun - I bet Quinn would love lure coursing! Hopefully I'm not working.

Dekka

Just try me..
Thats ok.. its a terror (um terrier) event. It will just help her fit in lol!

Its all breed but it will be a high proportion of JRTs

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
People have always been great to me even at formal JRT trials when I've brought my kids. I've been totally accepted even with my snarky bitch who does snark at times to other dogs. The people at JRT things understand better than anywhere else if your dog has a terror of a day ;)

What time do I need to be there to help? This'll be the first time I've driven myself..

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Haha, very true! She has her superstar days and she has days where I just want to give her away, LOL. Just don't have high expectations!

I'm hoping I'm not working - if I am, I can always see if I can switch shifts with someone!

B

Blue_Dog

This sounds so neat! I'll have to look into it but I should be volunteering at the AAC regionals that weekend and I don't know the schedule yet.

MafiaPrincess

This sounds so neat! I'll have to look into it but I should be volunteering at the AAC regionals that weekend and I don't know the schedule yet.
Be prepared to be under appreciated. That would be the theme of the regionals Dekka and I have volunteered at, and part of why even though they need volunteers still we won't be this year.

Dekka

Just try me..
Ya being yelled at by competitors who should know better when we are trying to time/scribe a run in progress was really unpleasant (and the issues was not ours, we were merely doing our job, its not our fault if the judge didn't call an obstacle.

This is why I am not timing this year....

MafiaPrincess

Lack of food, being sworn at, yelled at, distracted by cranky people. No wonder they are still short for volunteers.

Members online