Another Foster Dog...

Ivy

...has come and gone. This one was EXTREMELY hard to let go. He was brought to me from an abusive home and very underfed at only the age of about 3 months. He was at least 20 lbs under weight. This special boy pulled at my heart so bad that even my OH wanted to keep him. (this coming from the person that says he wont get another dog until his current one is gone)

I had to drop him off at the airport last Friday and say our good-byes. It hurts knowing that I will never see him again as he went to his new home in a different province. Just knowing that there is a possibility of seeing past fosters is re-assuring, but I won't get that with this special boy.

He is such a happy dog. If you didn't know about his past you would have never guessed. He was so happy when I brought him home and was allowed to run and play un-tied with my other dogs in the yard. He was so happy to be getting fed regularly and just being loved and doted upon.

But at least I know that he is being well loved and taken care off just like he deserves.

I can see why it was hard to let him go :) (((((((HUGS))))))) I don't know if I could do what you do. I had enough difficulty with Cleo -- and I knew she was going to my very, very dear friend from the git-go.

Ivy

I can see why it was hard to let him go :) (((((((HUGS))))))) I don't know if I could do what you do. I had enough difficulty with Cleo -- and I knew she was going to my very, very dear friend from the git-go.
Every once in a while there is always a dog that your heart just wants to keep. This little man was such a good puppy. Mind you he is a much more active pup than Tynan, but he is such a good boy. His houstraining was coming along beautifully (that is always a big deal for me, long story) Tynan absolutly ADORES him and he was just a happy-go-lucky dog. Just watching him being happy and free in the yard and not wanting to stray makes it harder. The way I see it, if a dog does not stray (not including scent dogs/hounds) that means he is content where he is and chooses not to stray. I know his new family is a really good one, but I know he could have been just as happy or happier at my place.
But what can you do, he has made my puppy fever that much worse. I have already asked the rescue to keep an eye out for a Saint pup. I have decided I HAVE to have one in my life.

Members online

No members online now.