Breed Guess on Spunky!

Tazwell

Hey guys,

Meet Spunky. He's a new guy to the rescue. I've known this dude ever since he could fit in my hand! He's about 60lbs I would say, and he's about 8 or 9 months old.

What do you think he is? He has no pigment on his tongue, and has a coat that's shorter than a lab's, but longer than pit or boxer type. He's fairly tall-ish, or lean, rather than stocky. People are saying Ridgeback mix, but I think it's only because of his color.

Guesses?

aussiemyf7

The face does look Ridgebacky, and it looks like there could be some Staffy mixed in.
He's gorgeous whatever he is!

Tazwell

No more guesses? I think I'm just gonna post him on PF as a "Hound mix" with a list of all of his possible breeds on the description. Hound mix is what the vet wrote down as his breed... So I guess that's the closest we have!

Tazwell

Oh and by the way-- I lied, I found a spot on his tongue the other day :D

I know some of the breeds we mentioned have pigmented tongues-- Ridgebacks don't, do they?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I think some staffie too. His forehead and ears are deffinatly that direction.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Oh and by the way-- I lied, I found a spot on his tongue the other day :D

I know some of the breeds we mentioned have pigmented tongues-- Ridgebacks don't, do they?
Most breeds can have spots on the tongue. My friend's parents' purebred golden retriever has dark spots on his tongue.

APBT can come in Spunky's color. For example, Trailer, an APBT who has now been adopted from FOHA. Trailer does not actually have any sable coloring as appears in this pic.

Something in Spunky's face also makes me think of rottweiler.

Members online

No members online now.