Conehead Izzy

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Izzy won't let her hot spot alone so I had to get her an ecollar. She hates it. When she walks she gets it stuck on the carpet and it scares her so she refuses to move and only lays down when she's really exhausted. It's breaking my heart *sad face that doesn't take up pic space*
I'm not sure how much longer this is going to last.

First, a pic of her hot spot from a about 2 days ago:

Closer:

And with her cone. Her poor ears:

She heard something interesting:

The one positive aspect of this is that she wont bark when it is on.

*sigh*

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Thanks BP :)

Awww... Trey sympathizes
Poor Trey :(

She'll learn...
:lol-sign: Don't say that!

Poor Izzy. Give her lots of treats while she's wearing the collar so she has positive associations with it.
I did give her a bunch and I've been sitting with her, I think it's just uncomfortable. I took it off and she hasn't bothered the hot spot yet (she's zonked out on the couch) but I'm not sure how we're going to do bedtime. She likes to sleep in her crate, but I don't think that's going to be possible w/ the cone.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Depends how much room she has in the crate. When Leo wore one, he slept in the crate wearing it - until he got it off and tried to eat it.

When Alley had a hotspot I ended up having to muzzle her over night because I couldn't get her to wear the collar.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Stryder can sympathize! He was just liberated from his cone a few days ago. Thing squashed his ears down and he the post pathetic look to him for the week or so it was on (he was neutered).

((((hugs to Izzy))) Feel better soon!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Thanks everybody!

Thankfully Izzy can't get it off, but she's still miserable. Hopefully the stupid thing heals soon.

Members online

No members online now.