favorite uncommon baby names

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I still have no idea how you pronounce that! I had a soccer coach (a guy) named Kerry once, and it was pronounced "Carrie". How do you say it the irish way?
Oops, I edited it while you replied!

It's pronounced like "County Kerry" in Ireland. She's not named after that, though- my parents just liked the name! But Carrie is pronounced like "carry," and my sister's is pronounced like "berry" with a k.

Taqroy

It's not pronounced like Carrie, though. It's pronounced like "County Kerry" in Ireland. She's not named after that, though- my parents just liked the name! But Carrie is pronounced like "carry," and my sister's is pronounced like "berry" with a k.
These....look the same to me. Lol.

I really like the name Parker - boy or girl. Oh and I solved the "Huh? What is your name? How do you spell that?" by just giving them Matt. :p He's always with me anyway and I get tired of spelling my name (Caitlin).

JessLough

Love My Mutt

It's pronounced like "County Kerry" in Ireland. She's not named after that, though- my parents just liked the name! But Carrie is pronounced like "carry," and my sister's is pronounced like "berry" with a k.
yep, definitely say carry and "berry with a k" the same way :rofl1:

Lyzelle

So, one is Carrie and one is Kerry? I think I get it. Like the difference between Pen, Pan, and Pin.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I've never lumped myself in with the Jessicas... lol. I still have to think sometimes that my name is Jessica- I've gone by Jessie for so long!

Taqroy

I pronounce the names Barry and Carrie the same way, and that's how every Carrie I've known has pronounced their name.

Kerri rhymes with berry, Jerry, Terri, for example!
I demand video. :p This might be a problem with my not an accent (thank you Colorado) but I can't figure out how to pronounce those names the way you're describing.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I like common names. :)

However I've always love Ryan/ Rian as a girls name. Not that common.

For boys names I like Jacob/Jake and Noah.

For girls Ryan, Chloe (once my Chloe is gone), Jenna, Allie, Rylie, Rebecca, and Sophie, Isabella/Bella, Victoria.

Paige

Let it be
Briggs obviously was a favorite name. I also like the names Bryn, Brezlen, and Rheneas. For a girl I like Pixie, Pippa, and Piper. I dont know how uncommon any of those are. Just happen to be the names i am fond of.

CaliTerp07

I have this argument with my husband all the time too. He insists that Lauren is pronounced "Lah-ren" instead of "Lore-en".

The only female Kerry or Kerri I've heard of is Kerri Strug, the gymnast from the '96 Olympics. The announcers always pronounced it like "Carrie" so I assume that's how she says it, but who knows? It wouldn't be the first time different families pronounce the same name differently!

Lyzelle

Stop pronouncing that "a" lol. There is no "a" sound in Kerry.

Think about how Jerry Seinfeld says his name. That's the sound with Kerri- sounds exactly like that with a K.
So...yeah. Like the difference between pen and pan. Only with k's and r's.

Members online

No members online now.