Should a breeder be able to spell their dog's breed name?

Should a breeder be able to spell their dog's breed name?

• Yes, of course

Votes: 57 93.4%
  • No, it doesn't matter. Some names are tricky to spell!

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Maybe, depending on how hard/long the breed name is

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Soft Tacos

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I get annoyed by people with cane corso and cannot pronounce "KAH NEY" no, it's not "Cain". Or "Shar-peis" Shar-pei is plural. May be nit-picky but if people don't know their breed inside and out they have no business breeding, imo.

Tazwell

Todd's "breeder" spelled his breed name "Chinese Creasted" on his 'papers'.

Specsy

Owned by Rottweilers
I HATE when people can't spell THEIR breed. I know I get Chihuahua wrong sometimes, but they are NOT my breed. Rottweiler. It has TWO "t's" and ONE "l" I see Rotweiler, Rotweiller, Rottieweiler, Rotwyler. I HATE seeing the breed name wrong. I don't care HOW many titles your "Rotweiller" has I will not buy it. Sorry.

KayleeBby

Spelling the breed name wrong really annoys me :/ I would never buy off someone that spells it wrong.

I actually just went onto a local trading site and found

German Sheppard's
Meltese, Malteze and Molteze
Shihitzu, Shiatsu and Shihtze

all on the first two pages :/

You can't screw up Pug... Or at least i'd hope not lol.
PAGG!

seriously. there is a backyard breeder near me that spells and says it like that! :/

I spoke too her once and she was confused when i said it right :/

B

Blue_Dog

I get annoyed by people with cane corso and cannot pronounce "KAH NEY" no, it's not "Cain". Or "Shar-peis" Shar-pei is plural. May be nit-picky but if people don't know their breed inside and out they have no business breeding, imo.
I'm now concerned about how many breeds I'm not pronouncing right. o.0

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I'm now concerned about how many breeds I'm not pronouncing right. o.0
I just learned a few weeks ago how to pronounce Keeshond (KAYZ-hond)...I had absolutely been saying KEE-shond but hey I don't own one much less breed them...lol

What about Corgi breeders who advertise the plural of their breed as Corgis instead of the technically proper Corgwyn? :p

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Erm. Oops :eek: I really don't know how to pronounce most dog breeds apparently. Oh well, at least I don't breed them

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I just learned a few weeks ago how to pronounce Keeshond (KAYZ-hond)...I had absolutely been saying KEE-shond but hey I don't own one much less breed them...lol

What about Corgi breeders who advertise the plural of their breed as Corgis instead of the technically proper Corgwyn? :p
Okay see... is that the right plural? lol learn something new every day!

I can't pronounce all breeds either (but I don't breed... anything), I have a friend with a mexican hairless or xolo, pronounced SHOW-LO, for short and I can never say the whole name so I call them X dogs or just mexican hairless. lol

96 GTS

Custom User Title

Corgwyn is my favorite. I cracked up when Lauren first told me that.

Members online

No members online now.