Listerine mist

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Ok... So Beezer has had some troubles with itchiness in the past. No hot spots really but just all over itch. He gets it every winter and early spring... not sure why. Seems like maybe dry skin since it's during the times of year where the air is more dry. So I should get him some oatmeal soap or something like that.

but I ahve heard from quite a few people that a misting of listerine will help. My mom tried this with her dog and she had great success.

So I did it with Beezer tonight and he was NOT at all happy with me LOL but he smells minty fresh.

I just want to make sure I did it right. I just put it in a spray bottle and mist right?

Right now he is licking it all off

GlassOnion

Thanks, and Gig 'em.
Uhhh never heard of it.

By the by, since he's licking it off, did you check the ingredients? Xylitol is becoming more popular amongst American companies as a sweetener and a lot of companies don't tell the consumers any changes have been made (Like the Flintstone vitamins, for instance, were a good supplement for dogs but the makers switched the sweetener to Xylitol over night pretty much).

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Yeah it is the original yellow listerine

and no... no Xylitol in it

but it still smells quite minty lol... obviously the menthol.

I just misted it on lightly but I think next time I need it I will dilute it a little.

But... it seems to have worked. he hasn't scratched since.

adojrts

We often use it (the original yellow) for horses that rub their tails and it works. But I would be very careful using it on a dog because of the licking and the fact that it has a high level of alcohol in it. Certainly delute 50/50

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Never heard of that one before. It does make sense seeing as menthol is a skin soothing agent.

Members online

No members online now.