NOVA/MD Chazzers

xpaeanx

skittle, getting a bus isn't a problem. there's a few different companies that do DC to NYC.

BUT, none of them allow dogs. I can take a bus from my house to NYC that allows a dog... but them I'm stuck. I check a bunch of different bus companies and even the trains... but no go.

So I can go hang out... but I will be dogless. :(

noludoru

Bored Now.
I totally want to do this. Pat Troy's Ireland's Own Restaurant and Pub of Old Town, Alexandria, Virginia (Link shamelessly stolen from Cali.)

Lets have a meet-up on a Thursday or a Friday this month. They are dog-friendly and accept reservations.

Cali, Lilavati, Amber, Cristy, JacksonsMom. . . you all are very close, how does this sound? For those farther out, you're invited, although it's pretty short notice. :( December's gonna be too cold for it though.

CaliTerp07

Okay, vote for dates:

Thursday, November 11
Friday, November 12
Thursday, November 18
Friday, November 19

The 25th is Thanksgiving, so those are pretty much our only chances.

I can't do the 12th, I have class :( But any other day is good. I'm not sure how the patio is in the winter (if they have lights/heat lamps or not), as I've only been in the summer. They even have a doggy menu, guys! You can order beef or lamb stew, and it comes with a milk bone :)

Sweet72947

Squishy face
The pub sounds good. Just let me know what date you all decide on. I don't have anything planned for any of those dates.

It would be cool if you and I could carpool in your vehicle Nolu, I hit a rock and besides the fact that my bumper is slightly broken, I think I did some damage to the undercarriage. It drives ok, but it doesn't feel "right", so I don't really want to take it on 495 right now. :(

JacksonsMom

I totally want to do this. Pat Troy's Ireland's Own Restaurant and Pub of Old Town, Alexandria, Virginia (Link shamelessly stolen from Cali.)

Lets have a meet-up on a Thursday or a Friday this month. They are dog-friendly and accept reservations.

Cali, Lilavati, Amber, Cristy, JacksonsMom. . . you all are very close, how does this sound? For those farther out, you're invited, although it's pretty short notice. :( December's gonna be too cold for it though.
That would be fun! I can't say for sure yet, as my car situation is up and down. I have a rental right now, but this would be really fun!

I wish there was someone closer to my area I could car pool with.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
That would be fun! I can't say for sure yet, as my car situation is up and down. I have a rental right now, but this would be really fun!

I wish there was someone closer to my area I could car pool with.
If you don't plan on bringing Jackson, you could always metro to Vienna and Nolu and I could pick you up on the way (to get to 495 we would pass the exit to Vienna metro). If its ok with Nolu, I mean. :p

CaliTerp07

If you don't plan on bringing Jackson, you could always metro to Vienna and Nolu and I could pick you up on the way (to get to 495 we would pass the exit to Vienna metro). If its ok with Nolu, I mean. :p
Or just metro to King Street, then it's practically walking distance to the restaurant. :)

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
For me Friday is definately better than Thursday. But I'll come if I can; unfortunately, work is never predictable and we are working on a brief. But i'll do what I can :)

And thanks to Nolu for pointing out the thread.

Amber

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to another one, but I don't think I can do it during the school year. Weekdays and weekends are usually packed. Maybe during the summer!

noludoru

Bored Now.
Okay, vote for dates:

Thursday, November 11
Friday, November 12
Thursday, November 18
Friday, November 19

The 25th is Thanksgiving, so those are pretty much our only chances.
I'm busy on the 12th as well and since Lilavati can't do Thursdays, I think we should do the 19th. Sounds good to everyone? I'll be bringing Middie. And Cristy. And we can pick you up if you can't do the metro, Jackson'sMom. :) Amber - you should still try to come! We'd love to meet you.

What time works for everyone? Happy hour is 5-7 I think...

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
I should be able to do that . . . later is better. Depending on when, I will either go home and fetch Sarama and drive over or just jump of the Metro on the way home from work.

Edit: the 19th should be better too . . . this antitrust brief should be off my desk by then

noludoru

Bored Now.
How about 6:30 till whenever we all decide to leave, and remember to dress WARMLY - coat, hat, gloves, scarf, etc just in case. If we're too warm we can always dump extra layers in a chair or bag, but if we're cold we'll be miserable. Middie will have his coat and I'll bring a blanket just in case for that reason, since I don't know what their patio conditions are like. I'm hoping for a balmy November day, but you never know!

noludoru

Bored Now.
I did, and it is. I specifically asked about reservations for November for a group of people and dogs (which is fine) and told them I'd call back as soon as I had the date. :) That was why I checked here for a date that works. On my next call I'll be asking about heating and such - are there any other questions I need to ask so we don't all have to call?

noludoru

Bored Now.
Okay, since no one has really complained about the date, this shall be our semi-official date. Whoever shows, shows, and I really hope everyone can make it but I realize that's an unrealistic expectation, lol.

Members online

No members online now.