Food

keyodie

Keyozilla
I was wondering what kind of food everyone liked to eat, so anway.....

If I had to pick a favorite food, it would be =drum roll= cheese cake!

bogolove

Are we doing desserts or meal type food?

I will answer it both ways - I am a cheesecake fanatic too. I like all different ones, and I have recently started making my own.

Meal type food - I love mexican food, sushi, and italian food. Hard for me to choose b/c I have different moods. But I typically love anything with cheese on it!

Debi

Turkey! I don't eat sugar.....but, boy...don't let a brownie alone with me for more than a second just in case! :D

If I could only eat one type of meal for the rest of my life I'd have to choose Mexican - but I don't eat in Mexican restaurants with gringos in the kitchen! The food's not right! And I want my Negro Modela!!!

But I love Chinese food - especially hot and sour soup with extra red pepper . . . and some sushi as long as I can have the pickled ginger and wasabi with it . . .

And I love to cook and make up dishes off the top of my head.

whats wrong with the gringos in the kitchen? how else do you know if its authentic or not? J/K! ha! we have lots of mexican resturants around here, all owned and operated by mexicans, or hispanics. the food is great! my wife loves mexican food. i like it but its not my favorite. my favorite i guess would be american? steaks, burgers, prime rib, pork chops, ham, spare ribs. all with mashed potatos and gravy, and some sweet corn on the cobb. mmm, now i'm hungery. wait....i'm always hungery. think i'll go get another Krispy Kreme dohnut.

I have a theory, based on YEARS of research (LOL - since I was first introduced to Mexican food in Albuquerque at five years old): in order to prepare Mexican or Oriental, or Middle Eastern for that matter, food that tastes right, you have to have the right genes. It just doesn't come out the same way no matter what kind of ingredients you have. ;)

You reminded me, too, of my favorite summertime dinner: green beans, new potatoes, corn on the cob and big thick slices of homegrown tomatoes!

And they make the most fantastic pork barbecue on the coast of North Carolina - with pepper slaw and Brunswick stew!

My favorite meal is= Mom's homemade Mashed Potatoes, Rolls, and noodles!! YUM!! :p

My favorite dessert is= Brownies, Cherry Delight, and the Heath Blizzard from DQ!!

Debi

OH...I just started remembering.......PASTA!!! One of the easiest recipes I LOVE is just spagetti...tomatoes...cut black olives...fresh grated romano cheese...TONS of fresh garlic (don't plan on visiting anyone that night!)....olive oil (the BEST you can afford!)....fresh basil, chopped and added with a heavy hand..LOL course sea salt sprinkled on.........delish!

any pasta will do. :D

mexican....loving it as long as it's not toooooo spicy (big wienie here, but Dave isn't happy til the 'hot' has him sweating)

German foods........IF I ate sugar..I would dive into our family strudel. LOTS of kraut..sausages...:D

American.......HELLOOOOOOOOOOO steak and prime rib (sadly I've given up red meats...but that doesn't mean I don't LOVE them!!!)

Down home cooking....Oh goodness...give me southern fried chicken anyday! grits anyone (Texas roots here) black eyed peas.....warm corn bread smothered in butter.

OK...I should NEVER post when I am hungry. ;)

avenlee

I LOVE fresh green beans. I will steam those up as a snack. Then, if you add a nice Rump Roast with mash potato and gravy, ... well I'm happier than a pig in sh*t LOL sorry ... :eek: Living in New England and having that supper on Sundays during the cold months... can't beat it! Oh yeah! Love Beef Stew also ! :)

I'm not much on desserts. Guess if I had to pick I like puddings. But rarely have that either lol

My favorite food is Lobster...I loveeeeeeeeeeeee it!!!!

I also love homemade sugar cookies with frosting on them. This is a great time of the year for me....LOL. :D

for me it would be seafood. its delicious, especially crawfish and lobsters. and also sushi, the seaweed kind. and if its not seafod then it is definitely anything form TACO BELL!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh, I'd eat dessert first if I could! I love anything chocolate!!!!

I have to say a nice grilled steak and a baked potato with everything on it sounds great!

Recently, we've been on a kick ordering Orange Beef from the chinese restaurant.

I love Italian food but here in Connecticut it's hard to find what I like; since I was originally from Long Island, NY, I know what good Italian cooking is all about.

i dont really like chocolate all that much. you know like the chocolate chandy bars and the kisses. but for any regualr food, i think ill take some hot chicken wings.

keyodie

Keyozilla
I LOVE LOVE LOVE VERY MUCH LOVE chicken and pizza.
The only deserts I like are cakes (chocolate and cheese cake) and ice cream (chocolate and chocolate chip cookie dough)

Members online