I have a dog at last

Gilly

Hi,

I'm sure you are doing a great job making Cece feel at home. A few tips I found were, dogs need to have routine and know what to expect. When they don’t know you or their new home they stress (just like some people). So the quicker you start a routine the sooner they will begin to settle and feel safe.

Most dogs like cozy places, which is why you often see dogs resting under tables and between furniture. Using a crate, kitchen or small room to reduce stress, accidents and other problems rooted in insecurity is a really good idea.

When you do go out do not make a big deal about saying goodbye as Cece may start to stress. Instead, quietly say “good girl” or use her name, give her a small treat and just leave. When you come back congratulate her for being good and take her out.

Take Cece out regularly and let her get to know the area and new smells in her own time.

Hope this helps.

Have fun getting to know each other, and don’t worry I’m sure Cece will find her feet (or should I say paws!!)

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
what a beautiful girl!! congratulations to you --sounds like you have waited a long time for a dog--glad you found her!!

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Dogless! I mean DogFull! I didn't see this post! I'm so sorry. Your doggie is BEAUTIFUL! No more Dogless! Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!

Members online

No members online now.