Horses anyone!?

Show off your horses/s!!!

I have an 8yo TB gelding. His name is Wiley, registered name Denzel Star and he's beautiful.
He's 16.1hh bay. I'v had him for about 9 months. He was trained and bred for racing but never got on the track. He loves his games and X country jumping. He isnt too bad at his showjumping either. So far we're showjumping about 90cm.
I dont have any pics of him on this comp but I'll post some as soon as I can.
I've never really gotton into shows with my previous horse, but Im hoping me and Wiley will get into them soon.
His got some pretty sweet bloodlines too if anyones interested.
Denzel Star Horse Pedigree

Share your horses, I'd love to hear about them.

BostonBanker

Horses, you say? :D

Tristan is the guy in my sig. He's a 13 year old Hanoverian that I've had for about 10.5 years now. I bought him as a hunter prospect, but got fully converted to dressage in the years before he was old enough to jump. I showed him through first level a few years ago, but really don't enjoy horse showing anymore after doing it non-stop in high school. We mostly just train and play at home, although at some point, I'd like to try and finish my bronze medal on him (which would mean showing him through 3rd level).

He's a doll to handle on the ground, very clever at learning fun tricks with the clicker, and a fairly talented horse under saddle. He's very lazy, which is his biggest fault. Getting him to put out the effort to use that talent is the hard part! He's had health issues that continue to baffle vets, but has been quite healthy for the last couple of years *knock wood*.

I didn't have a dog when I learned about clicker training, so I taught him to fetch a frisbee. Really. That's how desperate I was for a dog.

Okay, I promise I'm done now!

Dekka

Just try me..
Ohh I LOVE the snow pic BB... (you know many Dressage horses are DEATHLY allergic to being ridden on anything but nice groomed sand footing)

I have 6 of them ATM...

Velvet Andalusian Arab cross. I have had her since I was just turning 18 (and am now 33). She is an amazing amazing horse. She has been my main lesson horse sinse she was young and has carried many a student in their foray into showing: dressage, hunter, jumper and eventing. She has had 3 foals, and has recently had a roll in a TV show.

and this one is really HER LOL!

Velvets previous foals Chance and Twitch

They needed a horse who could 'die' on cue. (who knew playing with the clicker could be so much fun)

and the link to youtube showing her down on cue
YouTube - Dead trick

Reidu
Velvets latest and last foal. Born a few weeks ago.

I need to get more pics.. these are from her at 3 days.

Aria
Aria just turned a year. She was out of one of my all time favorite horses Riven. (Riven and Velvet were my two 'pet' horses... with me till the end) Riven died 3 days after Aria was born. Its been a long hard haul.. and still is. But Aria is stuck with me for life. She reminds me so much of her mother.

I don't have any really recent ones of her as we are going through another rough patch with ulcers and eating.

Dekka

Just try me..
Peek
We figure peek is paint and draught and maybe some tb or standardbred.. He came from Mennonite country. He has a phenominal canter (which is good as his trot is nothing to write home about lol) and is very easy and uncomplicated to ride.

The most amusing thing about him is that on his left side he has a perfectly shaped saddle mark EXACTLY where the saddle goes.

Aven
Aven is Riven's other foal. He is by Amiral (one of the top Dressage sires in the world) He was supposed to be for me.. but he is too tiny at only 14.3hh. Other than that he is PERFECT. He is for sale as he needs a job to do.

Then we have Senn.
I picked up Senn at the auction. I was supposed to be selling a pony. (well at least getting him seen.. I didn't think he would actually sell there as I put a high reserve on him. Then when there was lots of interest I got a bit worried I might not like who bid on him. So I got a number, that way I could bid against the people if I didn't like who was getting him. Turned out a wonderful family with a great little rider bought him. But then you see I had this number....)

Senn went very cheap, I think the only other bidders were meat buyers. Am I so glad I bought her, she is lovely. Floaty elastic movement, great personality, and pretty to look at. I don't have any recent pics (I will get some as soon as they are fully shedded out) But this is from when I brought her home last fall.

The End :D

BostonBanker

But then you see I had this number....
Mmmhmm. Likely story. ;)

That new baby is awful cute, but there is just something about Aria. She's special, you can just see it in her face. I know all about the not-eating stuff. I hope you get her feeling better quickly.

Ohh I LOVE the snow pic BB... (you know many Dressage horses are DEATHLY allergic to being ridden on anything but nice groomed sand footing)
In my case, it's usually the rider who is allergic! I can be such a chicken about riding outside the ring, although with snow I always figure it'll be a nice landing. I did get up the nerve to take him out hacking in the fields on my own last week, and we had a blast. I was only planning on a nice walk, but it's entirely possible there was some trotting and cantering...and some big circles to prevent the canter from turning in to more....

Lovely BB . Looks like a beautiful mover .

Zoom

Twin 2.0
The only horses I have are Breyer's and they're old enough that Breyer doesn't even have pictures of them on their site anymore. :p

GoingNowhere

Beautiful horses everyone!

I lease Billie, an appaloosa mare. :)

She's about 11 years old and is just wonderful. I started riding her after having had some bad experiences with a thoroughbred that I was previously leasing - Billie has helped my confidence so much. She's a trusting horse under saddle, but she definitely thinks about what she's doing and where she's going. Of course, that goes both ways. Sometimes, just for kicks, She likes to pretend she's a mule, but usually she's very willing to try whatever we ask of her. She has come so far in the past several years - from being a 2x4 who liked to see how many little steps she could take in one trip around the arena to being able to collect herself, bend, and remain balanced. It's an ongoing work of progress, but she's getting there. Like most appys, she's intelligent, quirky, and has a big personality. She has learned several tricks and is happy to show them off whenever she thinks that there's a remote possibility of you having a carrot.

pics

-GoingNowhere

Inga

I am so jealous all of you. You all have lovely horses. I miss mine terribly and pray that I will someday be able to get back into horses. I owned several American Saddlebreds and American Warmbloods. I showed in mostly English but also a little English horse western with a friends Arab and one of my Saddlebreds. It wasn't my thing. I preferred English and hope to ride again soon.

mrose_s

BusterLove
Introducing Lucy. Apparently she's TB/QH. And apparently she's in her late 20's, but if thats true she really looks amazing.
Technically she's not ours, she's my mums partners. But we do most of the work caring for her, he's looking at getting another horse as soon as mum can ride Lucy regularly.
She's amazingly smart, her ground manners are to die for. She doesn't monster you for food, she gets hard feed daily and is happy to stand patiently while you sort out her buckets, organise her hay and set her up and won't jump in and start eating until you've given her the okay.
She came runner up at the national roping championships a couple of years ago.

She likes baths, carrots, going fast and scratches on the neck. She goes trail riding every couple of weeks but thats really all she does now.
It took about a year for her to finally start relaxing with us, her current owner got her pretty late in life and she was treated very harshly before he got her, he's still rougher on her than we would like. When I first met her she didn't like attention, her eyes were just blank, but the last couple of months she's finally relising we just want to be nice to her and she's getting very sweet.

This is the only pic I could find that even half shows of her gorgeous mane, the base of it is black, and it lightens to blonde at the top. it looks like she's had highlights put through it.

pitbullpony

BSL Can Be Beaten
One Gun Enterprise

My guy's been with me for about 7 years. Taco is a 13.2 Quarter horse; very sweet gelding. Was sick as a weanling; so was given to me knowing he wouldn't fit too many other riders at the stage he was at. He is Be Aech Enterprise (son) X Mr. Gunsmoke (granddaughter) bred. Reining royalty; but he's not conformed well enough to do anything but play around at it.

He's not specifically trained for anything; but he's got a good heart. Hopefully I can get Avalon riding; so she can do some club stuff; and right now; he is loaned to the local 4-H club for use for anyone who doesn't have a horse (their leader owns the barn where I board him; so she only gives him to the good kids who listen)

He's been lead horse for commercial trail rides; keeping 20 other horses in line. He's gone brush clearing with me -- I sit on his back and trim branches; I can clean garbage on his back (with one of those gripper things) and we've gone through the drive through at McD's. He's also excellent to put beginners on; 'cause he's not a tool.

BostonBanker

Aww, I love how in every picture, he's looking back at the kid. It's like he's just keeping an eye on her to make sure there's no funny stuff going on! He's adorable, and sounds like he's worth his weight in gold!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
YAY! Ponies! :D

Right here goes..

L'ananas.. Or La La, she's a 12 year old Shetland pony that I rescued from a very abusive home.. This is her this winter, I think she looks WAY cuter with all her winter fluff! ;)

Gavotte Du Fau.. Aka: Totty.. She's a 15 year old Selle Francais Cat A.. This is her PRE foal, when she was more or less fit.. I used her mainly for showjumping (we went to the Championnat de France 4 times), although she has done some endurance and done very well. Yeah, she is tied to a quad! LOL!

Gavottes foal.. Vivaldi Mondial, she's 3 weeks old TODAY! Bless her cottons.

And last but by no means least..

St Augustine of Ireland.. Aka: Cavan. 15 year old Papered traditional Irish Draught. We competed mainly in working hunter trials, and show hunter trials.. Unfortunatley his breed is not recognised in France and so therefore we are unable to compete over here.. :( I've had him for 11 years, he's my baby and a real pet horse! LOL!

Size perspective.. ;)

And that's it for the moment, although I have been offered another mare, so who knows!

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Is jelous of handsome big feet! I love Caven! We don't see enough of him! SHAME ON YOU!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Is jelous of handsome big feet! I love Caven! We don't see enough of him! SHAME ON YOU!
Hee hee hee.. Are you sure you don't want him? Free to good home!! ;)

"Free to good home, HUGE horse.. Must lick EVERYTHING to see if it tastes good.. Has many doglike qualities.. Will sweep for mints"

I MUST video that one day, Cavan using his broom.

Dekka

Just try me..
WOW thats crazy! In france you have to have a recognized breed to show? Here if it can jump it can show and go on to the olympics if its got the talent.

Some of the worlds best show jumpers have been crossbreds. (Milton anyone?)

Adorable pony!

There are some very nice horses on this forum!

Well currently there are 4 horses on our property:

Bunny - 10 year old paint mare. She is my main riding partner

Sami - 14 year old Appy mare. I am in the middle of re-homnig her as we unfortunately do not have room for her. :(

Luna - yearling out of Sami. One day she is going to look just like her mama!

And our newest addition: Rino. 7 year old Qh/Clyde cross.

And Zoom, I have not forgotten about those pics with Virgo and the horses! I'll take a few one of these days! :cool:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
It's about d*mn time we saw your horses! And I am still waiting on those photos... ;)

I miss riding so much right now that it's invading my dreams.

Pam111

Those are all such gorgeous horses. I am SO jealous. I miss horses so much. I sold my QH in 2000 and my miniature horses in 2001. :(

Members online

No members online now.