Silent Heat!!??

chigrl

I WAS SPEAKING TO THE WOMAN I BOUGHT MY CHIS FROM, SHE MENTIONED THAT MY PUP COULD BE HAVING A "SILENT HEAT" SHE SHOWING SOME SIGNS OF HEAT, SWELLING OF THE VULVA, AND SHES GOT BOOBS BUT THATS ALL I SEE...ANY ONE FAMILIAR WITH SILENT HEATS??

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Mary's first heat..no spots no signs of any kind to start with..i saw one spot of blood one day and took her straight to moms where she stayed the next two weeks where she not only started spotting..she was the sloppiest female i have ever been around..then her breasts began to swell and her belly thickened..mom said it had to be a false pg..i said one day ..mama..false don't kick. She was pg before she left and we had no idea she was even starting..good luck..if you are not wanting to have puppies..get your dog spay quick. Mary was only 5 month and 3 weeks when she became pg..she was way..far to young to be pg. IT was very hard on her.

bubbatd

Some females don't show too much blood....mine never did.....please do vet check !!

moe

My ***** on her third season had a silent heat, she swelled slightly (not the usual triffid she normally gets) :p and did drop some coat, but no bleeding, the first I realised was when my male dog tried to mount her, so I seperated immediately, as they can still get pregnant, it is hard when they have a silent heat as you dont know when the first or last days are, so I seperated longer than I would normally do. it is advised if you ***** has a silent heat, if you intend to mate her, to let her have another normal season after. some breeds are renown for having silent heats, and the breeders have to do ovulation tests if they wish to breed.

Mo

chigrl

Well its not silent any more..lol I dont have to worry bout her getting preg as I dont have a male here, just another female! I plan on breeding her when she is about 2 however it will be up to our family vet for the go ahead first...Shes the perfect dog, tempermant etc....but time will tell, i may change my mind...

My dog had that too. Go see the vet, it may not be as silent as it seems. It might be alot more serious like what happened to my dog.

Members online

No members online now.