The dog musing/vent thread

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm going to sell Payton to the circus.
For $10.
Because this boy no longer wants to eat or sleep.
All he wants to do is try to impregnate his sister.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
God seriously, getting so exciting and real. Glad you're going to be the test pilot! I really can't wait to see these puppies that aren't even an apple in anyone's eye yet!!

And I'm going to add onto Sara's tentative plan and say I'm looking (if health tests, titles and matching all work out how I hope) at the next year, spring/summer/fall of 2016 for a Didgie/Zip litter.

God, big decisions and lots of things happening in the next few years.
Traveler needs babies, or he's going to feel left out. Now, if only there was a solid female around...:cool:

AliciaD

On second thought...
Cameron rolled herself in some sort of nastiness on our walk.

We turned back super early cause of rain.

My hand smells like death despite the fact that I haven't touched Cameron's dirty scruff.

Wtf?

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Moses is spending a weekend with my dad and his girlfriend, which he should enjoy. However, Dooly is a puppy and is already quite a bit bigger than Moses... so Moses was quick to express his dislike. Luckily for him, they are also taking care of Dusty, my dad's girlfriend's parents' dog. Dusty is an eight year old golden retriever, and both he and Moses seemed to get along. I guess they can deal with Dooly together? :p

Now we are off to PEI for the weekend with Cali, and I am just hoping she enjoys it. We'd have brought Moses but now that he's older, we all agreed it might be easier for him to have a more relaxing weekend. His hind legs aren't in very good shape so we try to limit any jumping/strenuous activity.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Ugh of course the Koolie litter(s) are gonna happen right around the time I'll be looking for a puppy... :p The only saving grace is that I'm sure your wait list is full!

I can't wait to watch them grow up!

Traveler needs babies, or he's going to feel left out. Now, if only there was a solid female around...:cool:
Things will hopefully be in the works for Traveler depending on how the next few years go ;) Nothing in stone yet and things to work out but he's not being forgotten. He's too awesome for that.

Luckily he's a boy so I'm not in a huge rush.

Ugh of course the Koolie litter(s) are gonna happen right around the time I'll be looking for a puppy... :p The only saving grace is that I'm sure your wait list is full!

I can't wait to watch them grow up!
I know Sara is full up but I haven't started taking any names yet, I know some people have been interested but I have nothing formalized at this point.

I'm really excited! Three years to get Didgie titled and let her grow up and see what kind of dog I have. If it goes anything like the first year with her it's going to be amazing. She's such an incredible spitfire of a dog, so fun to work with and just such an overall wonderful temperament from her cuddle bug moments to her back talk.

Love this dog to pieces.

Holy Cow.

Just came up with a Kennel name. And by that I mean Shai came up with it :p

Firefly Koolies. My nod to my Kaylee Dog, dogs that are on fire and fly and well Firefly.

Things just got even more real. :yikes:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
2015 is around the time I'm hoping for Payton babies too. And by that I mean it will be about the time for my next dog. =P

I'll start looking late this year and through next year for a good bitch. Once I start trialing him more I think it will be easier to get interest up. He's not out and about right now so no chatter. I already have a few people who might be interested because of his lineage but since he's not doing anything yet, too early to even start the conversation really.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Why does Abrams have to piddle WHEN I'M IN THE PROCESS OF LETTING HIM OUT THE DOOR. I now have to clean the carpet by the door because it smells like dog ****.

Seriously. Never wanted an excited pee-er, but guess what I have? *bangs head on desk* Please tell me he will outgrow this when he gains more bladder control, because if I have a 90 pound dog peeing in the house whenever he gets excited...*sighs*

Why does Abrams have to piddle WHEN I'M IN THE PROCESS OF LETTING HIM OUT THE DOOR. I now have to clean the carpet by the door because it smells like dog ****.

Seriously. Never wanted an excited pee-er, but guess what I have? *bangs head on desk* Please tell me he will outgrow this when he gains more bladder control, because if I have a 90 pound dog peeing in the house whenever he gets excited...*sighs*
When Squash was a wee lad, sometimes he would be busy doing something and then leap up and make a beeline for the back door, dribbling all the way and then just peeing while I fumbled with the door. Sometimes the mind is willing but the flesh is still immature and weak. They outgrow it. :)

After a few experiments it is clear that Squash is not yet ready to be uncrated when home without humans, so I broke down and got him a bigger kennel. I'd been trying to make do but if he's gonna continue to be in there he needs some more room. The picture on the box is a Great Pyr but the recommend breeds are thus:

Not that I don't think akitas, bloodhounds, and collies need their space, but it just seems like such an odd collection of recommended breeds for an extra large crate. GIANT COLLIES EVERYWHERE.

Also, it comes with... a snap-on handle. Because I might randomly get the urge to just carry this giant unwieldy thing that I can barely drag and push over the carpet around by a tiny snap-on handle. :rofl1:

*blackrose

When Squash was a wee lad, sometimes he would be busy doing something and then leap up and make a beeline for the back door, dribbling all the way and then just peeing while I fumbled with the door. Sometimes the mind is willing but the flesh is still immature and weak. They outgrow it. :)
This give me hope.

It was just especilly annoying tonight because I thought I'd just given him liberty to go into the bedroom (since our apartment is literaly only two rooms - the bedroom and the living room/kitchen area I didn't think it would be that big of a leap) thinking he would enjoy the extra space to play...and he peed on my bed. :/ He is a naughty puppy tonight.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
This give me hope.

It was just especilly annoying tonight because I thought I'd just given him liberty to go into the bedroom (since our apartment is literaly only two rooms - the bedroom and the living room/kitchen area I didn't think it would be that big of a leap) thinking he would enjoy the extra space to play...and he peed on my bed. :/ He is a naughty puppy tonight.
Haha, you're very lucky if you survive puppyhood without your bed getting peed on. ;)

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I'm in France and I miss my puppies!!! I need to get them passports.

They're staying with their nain and taid and I just KNOW they will be the size of barrels when they come home :(

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Cali loves the beach! I took her down last night in the rain and she was doing zoomies all over the place and dug a few holes. I thought her fur would be completely red but I was pleasantly surprised.

This morning, my mom and I decided to head down since my sister decided to sleep in, and we were greeted by a Newfoundland dog. He was super friendly and eventually came down to the beach, but considering he couldn't have weighed any less than 150 pounds, I carried Cali until he finally decided to head back to his own cottage.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
It's probably because there are a couple papillon breeders here, but just about everyone at the farmer's market knew Cali was a papillon. One girl did ask if papillons were related to chihuahuas, but it's still better than constantly being asked if Cali is a long haired chihuahua.

I think at first, she was overwhelmed by all the people but eventually, she was extremely happy to give everyone kisses, including a very big and hairy biker.

*blackrose

It's probably because there are a couple papillon breeders here, but just about everyone at the farmer's market knew Cali was a papillon. One girl did ask if papillons were related to chihuahuas, but it's still better than constantly being asked if Cali is a long haired chihuahua.

I think at first, she was overwhelmed by all the people but eventually, she was extremely happy to give everyone kisses, including a very big and hairy biker.
I always like it when I take Abrams into TSC...everybody there knows he is a Chessie and comments on how pretty he is. Versus a pet supply store, where I get asked, "Is that a Labradoodle?" "What a pretty chocolate Lab!" lol

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Beau and Rose just went home. :( I has a big sad. House feels weird with just 2 dogs now.

Rose was super excited to leave though. Not even a glance back, she was like 'see ya!'

Members online

No members online now.