Fleetwood's ears are a disaster. Help? (dobe people?)

Doberluv

Those look like good instructions. However, you don't really have to use the brace in between. I never did and they turned out fine. Mybreeder said she didn't do the brace. But you can if you want. Be careful that you pre-stretch the vet wrap and double check about a half hour later that it's not too tight. It does seem to tighten up later sometimes and of course, you don't want to cut off circulation.

lizzybeth727

Anyway, I'll order some glue online. I went looking for tear mender last night, and couldn't find it.
I had to go to four different fabric stores and three hardware stores before I finally found it. :) I found it at Hancock Fabrics. Then a few weeks later I found it at Tractor Supply, too. At TSC it was in the section with the boots, hiding on the backside of a shelf that I've NEVER walked past. So if you can't find it at K-Mart, it might be with the shoes.

Anyway, I'll order some glue online. I went looking for tear mender last night, and couldn't find it.
Tear mender is available at tractor supply. Another similar glue is called speed sew. I know only about using tear mender with Collie/sheltie type ears. (I personally prefer taping to gluing though) However if you are going to shave the hair off on the inside of your dogs ears (like some people have suggested if you are going to use the breath-rite strips) tear mender doesn't stick well skin on skin. It works best gluing hair to hair. When it dries on your skin you can basically just rub it right off.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Personaly I hate vet wrap on ears. It can get to tight. I used breathable tape. Worked great for us.

joce

I had to screw with byrons ears for months and he is far from head shy! He loves his ears being screwed with. I would just turn it into a little head massage prior to doing the ears and after. He still comes to put his head in my lap for his ear rub.

No real tips as its been more than ten years since I've done it! But I saw someone with I am guessing the same issues with Styrofoam glues on the ends. Wasn't a young pup where it was just left over form the cup:p

Hillside

Original Twin
I had to screw with byrons ears for months and he is far from head shy! He loves his ears being screwed with. I would just turn it into a little head massage prior to doing the ears and after. He still comes to put his head in my lap for his ear rub.

No real tips as its been more than ten years since I've done it! But I saw someone with I am guessing the same issues with Styrofoam glues on the ends. Wasn't a young pup where it was just left over form the cup:p

^This.

Saga is a byb dog with a not so great crop which means the people who had her probably didn't do too much aftercare, but she LOVES her ear rubs. Pretty much any dog I have met that has cropped ears loves the ear/head rubs, especially those that had a lot of aftercare. Sizzle's Ilsa was the first dog to FORCE me into them. One of the first times I met her, she barreled up to me and head butted me, so I asked Sizzle, what she wanted. She wanted some head lovins, of course. Contrary to what the vet says, it seems to make them LESS headshy.

Members online