Family Dog Stolen, Killed for Food

shazbot

not so newby
First those 2 guys are sick...I hope they get nailed for what they did. Second why on earth did the owner leave his dog tied up to a shed while he went golfing? Even though he had permission to do so why didn't he just leave the dog at home?

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
First those 2 guys are sick...I hope they get nailed for what they did. Second why on earth did the owner leave his dog tied up to a shed while he went golfing? Even though he had permission to do so why didn't he just leave the dog at home?
Maybe the dog enjoyed the outing? Maybe they were planning to go to the dog park afterwards? They were on private property, at an exclusive club. I don't think I'd leave my dog tied up there, but I'm sure they thought, reasonably, that it was safe to do so.

B

Backward_Cinderella

Wow. That's all I can say.
How absolutely disgusting, and sad, and terrible for the owners. And the poor dog. :(
RIP Caddy

shazbot

not so newby
Maybe the dog enjoyed the outing? Maybe they were planning to go to the dog park afterwards? They were on private property, at an exclusive club. I don't think I'd leave my dog tied up there, but I'm sure they thought, reasonably, that it was safe to do so.
I've belonged to exclusive golf clubs on private property before. I still wouldn't leave my dog tied next to a shed while I was out playing a round of golf. There's to much that could happen while I was gone.

While I do think what happened was beyond belief, and that the guys that did that to the dog belong behind bars or worse, I also think that the owner should've used better judgement.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
I've belonged to exclusive golf clubs on private property before. I still wouldn't leave my dog tied next to a shed while I was out playing a round of golf. There's to much that could happen while I was gone.

While I do think what happened was beyond belief, and that the guys that did that to the dog belong behind bars or worse, I also think that the owner should've used better judgement.
Well, I noted that I wouldn't do it. But I can't really hold it against them, assuming the dog was well behaved, for thinking that it was safe enough. I'm sure that when they got permission from the staff, someone said . . .oh, we'll keep an eye on her . .unfortunatley, that seems to be the same people who ate her . . .

Well, I noted that I wouldn't do it. But I can't really hold it against them, assuming the dog was well behaved, for thinking that it was safe enough. I'm sure that when they got permission from the staff, someone said . . .oh, we'll keep an eye on her . .unfortunatley, that seems to be the same people who ate her . . .
I can hold it against them, if you tie your dog up anywhere where other
people/animals have access to it you are not to bright.
No one would expect something this extreme to happen, but there
are many other more common possibilities that could and do happen.

The same applies to people who tie their dogs up outside in the cities
and then go inside the store, not to bright. Clearly the dog was not
that high of a priority.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Frankly, I have tied my dog up and gone inside a store . . . though I can see her the whole time I'm in the store, which is why I go there, and tie her to that particular tree. Why? Because 1) I know the neighborhood, 2) I am gone just long enough to pick up a jug of milk 3) I need to go the store and I'm walking there and 4) She enjoys the walk and will be terribly disappointed if I don't take her and 5) the store's owner is watching her too. Because she can't go in the store, I am forced to either leave her behind and deny her a nice walk . . . or tie her to a tree for approximately two minutes, about 15 feet from me.

Now, would I leave her tied up somewhere while I went to play golf . . . no. But I know people who would . . .mostly because they haven't thought about what could happen. But I'm not going to condemn the dog's owners on this. They were on private property, they had permission, they presumably knew the dog well enough that they were pretty certain she would not cause a problem. Wise? No. But I don't think its quite fair to scream irresponsible owner at them . . . more like naive owners. I'm sure it is not a mistake they will ever make again.

We will have to agree to disagree. I take my dog for a walk when its walk
time, if we are going to the store then I either don't take him or
I go with someone else and they stay with the dog while I am inside.
The only time I would consider doing otherwise if If I lived in a very
small community.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
That's probably best. I feel its safe enough . . . though I'm often backing towards the milk case with my eyes still on her . . .

Members online

No members online now.