The Venting Thread

Grab

I hate that I'm confident in my abilities to raise a dog on my own (as in not living at home), until people voice their doubts.
Their points are valid, but I feel I can do it. It won't be easy, but I'm up for the challenge. Mom, Dad, etc., some support would be nice.
Do they think you'll never have a pet as an adult? Just curious, as I don't think my mom would ever have thought to put input on what I was getting, as an adult, in my own home.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I'm raising my prices effective January 1st (so, immediately, since I'm not starting commissions again until the 5th or so) and I'm already having "WAH it's so EXPENSIVE" emails.

Heaven forbid I break even on my work, let alone make a profit. And I'm still cheaper than most pet portrait artists out there. Bite me.

:popcorn:

Locke

Do they think you'll never have a pet as an adult? Just curious, as I don't think my mom would ever have thought to put input on what I was getting, as an adult, in my own home.
They know I will have pets, but they think I should wait...for what, I don't know. I still live at home, but will be moving out in the very near future (by July, latest!).

I understand their concerns for me. They don't want me to become overwhelmed with having a house to look after, but my boyfriend and his brother will be sharing the responsibilities of the household, and I do not stress or get overwhelmed very easily...that's my sister's job. I'll just have the added responsibility of a dog, which I've had for the past 10 years of my life.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I'm raising my prices effective January 1st (so, immediately, since I'm not starting commissions again until the 5th or so) and I'm already having "WAH it's so EXPENSIVE" emails.

Heaven forbid I break even on my work, let alone make a profit. And I'm still cheaper than most pet portrait artists out there. Bite me.

:popcorn:
Errr... I know the feeling. My boss wants me to recreate the program I offered in Vegas and I told her I would need a pay raise. Sorry, that much work and time is not available at a lower price. However, in my case they've met me almost at my price and I think we'll make it work so... hang in there, people will chill.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
It's the last night of a wonderful vacation with awesome weather. Tomorrow were go back to Indiana where we have 12 inches of snow on the ground, 20s for highs and - work.

I don't want to go back to work. It's so negative. Don't get me wrong, my coworkers are great, but it's just so blergh. Working in victim advocacy was SO much more rewarding than working for the other side. It's grinding me down sometimes being surrounded by violent stories day in, day out.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I just submitted my Kickstarter project for approval and the anxiety hit me and AUGH.
If they don't approve it I'm turning to Indiegogo, so it's not that big of a deal. But.

waiting for approval. =|

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Will you still like One Direction enough in the summer to feel that dropping $600...or ever $300 was worth it??

For me, I don't think any concert, not even if Jimi Hendrix came back from the dead, would have me spending anymore than $100 a ticket.
I think I would spend (if I had it) up to 300 dollars a ticket for good seats to Modest Mouse or The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Those two bands are about it though.

If Jimi came back, DH would bankrupt us though. :p

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I'd totally spend $300 for a concert ticket for myself. But $300 for myself, AND $300 for another person? Naw, that's not very high on my "things I'd like to do" list lol. No matter how much I want to go. I don't go through "phases" with my music so I know I'll still like them... but hey, they'll be back some other time, right? Right??!! :p

If Nsync ever did a reunion tour I would spend every single penny to my name for a ticket. Boy bands are just apparently my weakness because I'm not sure who else I'd want to see bad enough to spend lots of money.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Plus you're saying they're probably not the best seats. I think if I had the money I'd still spend $300 (or $600, I paid the $500 for my sister and I's tickets) get tickets for Justin Bieber. But having the tickets I have (which are pretty good seats, not floor seats, but the first section behind/slightly above the floor seats) I wouldn't pay $300 to see him AGAIN but in crappier seats or anything. But if it was my only shot to see him for that tour? Hell yeah I'd buy them.

Have you tried looking at cities/states near you? You could travel a couple hours away to see them somewhere else if tickets are cheaper!

Did you check stub hub?? That's where we got our tickets. We even joined the jb fan club to get access to presale tickets and we sat and waited til the exact SECOND that the tickets were released and they were sold out immediately. We were crying thinking we weren't getting tickets, and then a friend told us about stub hub. It sucks that we had to pay so much for seats that aren't completely amazing (but still good, thankfully) but it was worth it. I wouldn't even trade my seats for better ones, those are the seats we were meant to have, as dumb as that sounds, and I can't wait to go. 19 freaking days, it's craaazyyy!

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I literally just woke up and am annoyed.

A so called pug expert in rescue and who is apparently a dog trainer was going on and on about how pugs don't ever alert to go outside and even well trained pugs still pee in the house.

NOT MY PUG OR SEVERAL OTHER PUGS I KNOW.

I hate when people like that who should know better perpetuate laziness in training among the breed.

FG167

We are driving back to TN and I want to cry. Leaving my friends and family is particularly hard around the holidays. Spending time with my best friend - who oddly has ALL of the same hobbies as I do - just made the fact that we don't have ANY friends in TN even harder :(

GipsyQueen

Just bit the bullet and bought a new phone, thanks to my no-good-motorola-milestone. It's been making me want to throw it in the river for over a year now. :eek: :rolleyes:

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I feel like everyone from my high school is married and or having a baby and just..has it together.
and I just DON'T.

I just got my 6th baby shower invitation from girls from school. 6!

I don't know who I wanna be, what I wanna be.. I love school, I love Merlin, I love this city, I love my family and friends and books and this forum and everything else is totally up in air!

I'm just so confused. I thought I would have it together by 21. Well, more together.
I still watch too much tv, procrastinate, sleep too late, eat junk, listen to pop music meant for 16 year olds, cry in disney movies, wear hats that look like animals and buy stuff, expensive stuff, just because! instead of like..saving..
I still wait til the last minute to do laundry! Even though I know better!

These people are having BABIES! They are raising the next generation, they are responsible for a human life!! How are they ready?? They are my age! Should I be more mature? Should I be wanting to do that??

I don't even have a savings account guys. I don't do my own taxes. My parents deal with my health insurance.
I don't even have a credit card.

Gah! I just feel so confused!

16 year old Fran thought 21 year old Fran would have her **** together and she just doesn't.

I'm an ADULT. I can drink, I rent an apartment.. I should be like.. an ADULT! I should know stuff!

I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
We are driving back to TN and I want to cry. Leaving my friends and family is particularly hard around the holidays. Spending time with my best friend - who oddly has ALL of the same hobbies as I do - just made the fact that we don't have ANY friends in TN even harder :(
Crap ... Now I am sick with whatever crud is going around (headache, stuffy nose, chest congestion, body aches/slight fever etc...) I thought I could avoid it but nooooo X(.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I feel like everyone from my high school is married and or having a baby and just..has it together.
and I just DON'T.

I just got my 6th baby shower invitation from girls from school. 6!

I don't know who I wanna be, what I wanna be.. I love school, I love Merlin, I love this city, I love my family and friends and books and this forum and everything else is totally up in air!

I'm just so confused. I thought I would have it together by 21. Well, more together.
I still watch too much tv, procrastinate, sleep too late, eat junk, listen to pop music meant for 16 year olds, cry in disney movies, wear hats that look like animals and buy stuff, expensive stuff, just because! instead of like..saving..
I still wait til the last minute to do laundry! Even though I know better!

These people are having BABIES! They are raising the next generation, they are responsible for a human life!! How are they ready?? They are my age! Should I be more mature? Should I be wanting to do that??

I don't even have a savings account guys. I don't do my own taxes. My parents deal with my health insurance.
I don't even have a credit card.

Gah! I just feel so confused!

16 year old Fran thought 21 year old Fran would have her **** together and she just doesn't.

I'm an ADULT. I can drink, I rent an apartment.. I should be like.. an ADULT! I should know stuff!

I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!!
Don't feel bad.
Do you really want to be 21 and married and raising a kid when YOU haven't done everything YOU want to do? I am SO glad I am not married with a kid because *I* haven't lived yet. (Not to say girls who are married and have kids haven't lived yet, but everyone has their own life path and that is theirs).

You still wear hats that look like animals, cry at disney movies, watch to much tv, listen to 16 year old pop songs, and sleep to late? That's fine because that's YOU. I still cry at disney movies, sleep to late, watch to many movies/tv shows, listen to songs back from middle school/high school, have no idea what I want to be. I have 36 college credits.. But you know what? I work at a job that I love, I love what I do, I love my schedule, I love where my life is going, and that's all you can hope for.
If you are happy and love what you do and how you do it, don't worry about what other girls your age are doing.

I am one of maybe 3 girls that I went to middle school/high school with that is not married and don't have kids. A friend of mine is 21 and has 2 kids and one on the way that is due within a month and she is married. I am happy for her and adore her, her kids, and husband, but that is not ME. So don't worry about them, worry about you. Be happy with how you live your life.

Sorry for the novel but I've been thinking about what your post said a lot lately and have just come to realize that I love my life and how I live it.

At 21, I wanted to be married with kids. Now, only 5 years later, I'm so glad I waited. A lot can happen in 5 years and it did. We are in a position now where it feels right, rather than being pressured by some weird social influence.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
At 21, I wanted to be married with kids. Now, only 5 years later, I'm so glad I waited. A lot can happen in 5 years and it did. We are in a position now where it feels right, rather than being pressured by some weird social influence.
Ditto. With Tj I wanted kids and marriage, soooo glad it didn't happen. Though I still remain friends with TJ, it never would of worked out but he is a great guy.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Enjoy your life Fran, you're right on track. There is a ton of time for kids. I wanted to be married with kids at that age and then a few years later I was convinced I didn't want any and even now at 28 I find most everything we do is planning for the "in a couple years". We're mature but we still struggle with money, we still own crazy dogs, and we still take chances. However, over all we're rather secure and have most of our **** together. I didn't even meet Denis until I was 23, my life changed for the better even when I fought it, he's always been wise beyond his years even when he can be a totally hilarious nerd.

People are complex, you're on the right track if you're happy and doing right by those around you, don't rush. I still love how free I was at that age even with all the mistakes I made because they made me who I am today, I got it out of my system and I can relate to those around me far better than I could have had I lived else wise.

I think you're pretty amazing, stick to it. :)

CaliTerp07

Fran, I'm (almost) 27 and I still feel the way you do. The first of our friends our age are having babies now, and it's really, really weird. In each case as soon as the baby's come we've lost all contact with them, because we no longer have anything in common.

I am way too happy traveling the world, buying nice things, and running around with Lucy to think about a kid. The thought of an accidental pregnancy throws me into a panic attack. I always thought 27-28 would be an ideal age for a first, and now I'm like, uh...32 sounds good. Or maybe never...

Grab

I didn't have kids until I was in my early 30s, and I probably still would have waited a few years if health issues didn't push it ahead.

That said, not everyone who has kids suddenly only has interest in the child/no longer has anything in common with friends. While we may have to do more solo thing, vs as a couple, due to not having a sitter, we still have the same interests. I'm not a group person anyway, but the lad does a ton of things with his friends. (which is the same as he did before, because I didn't like group things before I had a kid either, lol)

Members online

No members online now.